Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM

50 posts, read 194,965 times

Advertisements

Anyone got any pics from these places? I went to a few bday parties in Castle Park so im sure there are pictures of it lying somewhere..also,from what years were they in operation..Castle Park was on coral way right? i can remember seeing the flags on the building as I used to drive by with my parents,im 22 so I wasnt really old enough to frequent these places by myself..any info on them would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 AM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
I think Pirates was on Coral Way and Castle Park by the Mall of the Americas.I don't have any pictures and I was also very young and barely remember going there,especially Pirates!! Was Castle Park an earlier name to what was later called Malibu Grand Prix,I remember going there in it's last years to play mini golf and do the go carts.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:30 PM

50 posts, read 194,965 times
thats right,i forgot castle park was also called Malibu,i always confused them...i very vividly remember malibu as i went there in my middle school years for the raves,and as for los piratas,its on coral way by west miami where the braman honda is,and if you watch there's something about mary,they film a nice lengthy sequence in the go karts,you can sometimes even see the palmetto in the shots.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 15,738 times
Castle Park was always Castle Park, different from Malibu Grand Prix, Castle Park was closer to the airport. Looking for pics so I can post it as a gift on facbook.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:36 PM

177 posts, read 570,941 times
AWWWW man I vivdly remember those two places! Isn't there a Home Depot where the raves used to be, havent been in that area in ages. Theres not too many arcade and miniature golfs anymore, only place i can think of is Boomers and thats not even in Dade.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 15,705 times
I need some pics of Pirates as well.

There's Something About Mary was filmed at Malibu Grand Prix behind Mall of the Americas which was razed years ago.

I think Cloverleaf near 163rd was razed, Pirates closed down about 1990 or so, Mark Twain's Riverboat Playhouse is gone, Don Carter's, Hot Wheels, all the FUn N Games in the malls, Video Powerhouse, I could go on and on...

Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 AM

74 posts, read 278,051 times
Castle park was changed to Malibu Grand Prix. These were not two different locations. Thats why the arcade building of Malibu looked like a castle! As for Pirates.....wow thats bringing up the past. Sorry, no pics

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 AM

546 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Last time I was in the area hot wheels was still there. I think it was called thunder wheels or something like that. Malibu was awesome...what do kids do in Miami nowadays? I guess not arcades and gokarts...

Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
The "pirates" place was a Davidson lumber yard before that, in the 70's. The building was abandoned and demolished sometime in the 90's. As far as I know it is still an empty lot. The Honda dealer is on part of the old Coral Way drive in site, next to the removed East Coast railway. Castle Park was next to Midway Mall, I remember it well. It was Malibu Grand Prix by 1990 and is now the location of yet another stupid condo. We all know that all bowling centers have been replaced by more profitable shopping centers with the Walgreens that has to be on each to show that it was once a fun place. 2006 was the end of Don Carter's and I still have lanes 35 and 36 stored for when I move to a bigger place.

Kids today don't need places to have fun, they are too busy having sex.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 14,757 times
I think some people are confusing the 2 different castles. The original Castle Park was alongside I-95 (I don't remember what exit) in the late 70's/early 80's. That place closed, and we had Malibu & Grand Prix. Grand Prix eventually expanded and built a castle right off of St. Rd 84. That had to be torn down when the highway (I-595) came through a few years later. Grand Prix then bought out Malibu and took over that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami