Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:26 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,883,297 times

Advertisements

It's kind of like the invisible fence they have to keep the roaches out of Weston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,908,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiblue View Post
My thoughts are that you did not live in the Miami as some of us are referring to. You lived on Miami Beach, which is a separate city and also an island physically separated from Miami. Miami Beach has a completely different feel and attitude than Miami. I probably wouldn't mind living in Miami Beach if I didn't have to leave it to go to work, etc. and if I could afford to live there.
You gave me a hard time earlier, so i'm going to give you a hard time now. You referr to people as " not experiencing miami". but honestly, just because someone lives in one part of miami, doesn't mean they never venture out.. sure that person lived on miami beach, but who's to say they never left? you told me I have a tourists perspective, I don't even eat in coconut grove, i frequent restaurants in overtown, little havana and sweetwater and have had nothing but great service. Everybody is always friendly and is always proud to ask me what I think of their meal or to speak with me about where they are from. Maybe YOU are the one who had a bad attitude and are the reason people were rude.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,908,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
It's kind of like the invisible fence they have to keep the roaches out of Weston.
so THAT'S why i have such a hard time making any real profit from burgeling homes in weston.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:51 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,883,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
so THAT'S why i have such a hard time making any real profit from burgeling homes in weston.
You have to burglarize unlocked cars to make money in Weston.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 PM

23 posts, read 63,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morlen333 View Post
I am hispanic (Peru) Lived in Miami for about eight years, i am in my middle 30's, divorced, no kids. I cant wait to get out of here!!! High crime, people are rude and nasty here. Rent is way too high and doesnt go in proportion with the salaries. Too many uneducated hispanics too who dont care of learning English at all and think that Americans have the obligation to learn Spanish!!! I consider myself very well raised (I come from a good family) well educated and speak English (Its not perfect but I am trying)...
The weather during the summer gets me sick to the point I get headaches. I love the winter time though...
I want to move to other state or further north where the weather is cooler, but i woudnt survive living in NJ where the winter is eight months a year.... Where I can find a good job that goes in proportion with cost of living. I love nature, mountains, lakes, but I also love arts and being close to theaters etcs And, where people are actually nice and polite. Any ideas?

I agree with you about Miami. I am cuban and can't wait to get out of here people are so rude and not educated! Go to NJ for about a week or so and find out about jobs and so on. Good Luck!

Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 PM

23 posts, read 63,262 times
Quote:
Check Colorado, and i just can't understand this concept of people being rude in Miami? How is it that I don't see this? I think you are going to be miserable anywhere you live.

Colorado is a great place to live I would love to move there! Also is not nice telling people they will be miserable thats not a good advice. Most of the people who defend Miami are as low class as the rest of them. Miami is a nice place but the people are rude and you might not know because we all often follow along and dont notice! Miami was voted as the most rude drivers and is true. This is personal opinion and I don't blame anyone for wanting to move especially people who have traveled outside Miami and seen the difference!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 PM

22 posts, read 45,650 times
You should check out

Boulder, CO (beautiful surroundings and educated people)
Portland, OR (friendly people, clean and vibrant downtown)

I'd choose Boulder out of the two, but you can't go wrong with either.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 AM

464 posts, read 1,359,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
My experience in Miami is that everyone is out for themselves. A very "rat hoarding the cheese" mentality. When was the last time anyone waved on the street (not a weapon, just a hand)? When I grew up in Kendall, we used to do that. Not anymore...
let me just say...the kids in Kendall are nothing but a bunch of shiesty backstabbing two timers that will turn on each other in a blink of an eye. I was down there for 4 days last month and witnessed the entire process...over non-sense. They're childish and ridiculous.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:22 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,337,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbaneAspects View Post
let me just say...the kids in Kendall are nothing but a bunch of shiesty backstabbing two timers that will turn on each other in a blink of an eye. I was down there for 4 days last month and witnessed the entire process...over non-sense. They're childish and ridiculous.

You have witnessed it in Kendall because that is where you were but you have described ALL of S.Florida REGARDLESS of race/ethnicity and Relegion .

The worse representation of all groups when it comes to rude,narcist ,inconsiderate seems to flock here.
Most Kids here would run over their grandmother if it meant they got a new IPOD and their parents would join them .
Ofcourse the good kind of Ipod to not cheap one I have lol.

There are great,good people but a fraction compared to what I was used to in PA.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,337,240 times
Quote:
Check Colorado, and i just can't understand this concept of people being rude in Miami? How is it that I don't see this? I think you are going to be miserable anywhere you live.

There are nice people but compared to most places in truth Miami lacks .

When I was in the Army and stationed over-seas we used to say that we couldnt wait to go back "to the world" (aka USA )however I noticed the guys from Miami never said that lol

That was a joke but all kidding aside most here leave alot to be desired but my sister who lives like 20 minutes from me does agree with you.
So for some it seems different than for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami