U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM

14,455 posts, read 12,249,246 times
hmm I'm not exactly too sure what that is haha. Where can i find it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 PM

4 posts, read 8,990 times
That area is of course pre-dominately cuban and some nicaraguans. City of miami police are constantly responding to burglary and stolen vehicles calls there. Trust me i know...

Old 10-23-2008, 07:30 AM

2,082 posts, read 5,021,826 times
I would suggest making use of UM's off-campus housing board: Off-Campus Housing | University of Miami (http://www.sa.miami.edu/off-campus-services/off-campus-housing/index.htm - broken link)

You can search for vacant units as well as roommates. I used it to advertise my apartment in South Miami when I moved out. I just did a quick search and there are some decent options in South Miami, Dadeland area, Grove and Gables in your price range. Just keep searching every day.

I am a big proponent of living with a roommate, especially while in college and just after graduation - your money will go a lot further for things other than housing if you are sharing expenses with someone else. But I also know how difficult it can be to find a decent roommate in Miami. My best roommates were foreign recent college grads and grad students.

I also just did a very quick search on craigslist in the Miami-Dade only section, and searched "south miami" with a max rent of $900 and it seemed like there were a lot of 1brs that came up from South Miami, Dadeland, Gables and even the Roads.

Unless you absolutely want to live in Little Havana, I think you have plenty of other options to choose from. I would be highly suspect of a 2/1 for $850 - there has to be a "reason" for this. I looked a lot of apartments in the Gables/Grove/South Miami area (read: nice areas) when I was searching, and things can be a LOT worse than they appear on the internet and from the outside of the building. In any case, best of luck! I know how much searching for an apartment can suck!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:33 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,136,134 times
I also would'nt live there. I guess if you worked downtown, it would be a quick commute, but the area isn't worth the hassle. Good Luck.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:16 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 10,841,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hmm I'm not exactly too sure what that is haha. Where can i find it?

I'm not sure if you were referring to my post but if you were:

TheFlyer.com Online Classifieds: Local ads in Florida

Look up the real estate/rentals tab or side bar link.

UM's listing is a good idea too. Check out the ads at the Wellness Center and Student Lounge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami