Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 05:42 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times

Advertisements

I didn't vote for anyone. I am not a Cuban and I am first generation immigrant. I came to this country for a Ph. D degree and during the six year for that degree, I only made $1200 per month. After my first year in the Ph. D. program, I ranked number one in the Ph. D qualification exam and my husband and I were offered technician positions at Amgen when it just started. These positions would push our combined salary to over $80,000 in 1994. However, we stayed in our path to pursue our graduate degrees and postgraduate trainings. During which, we made many sacrifices including loss of our dog and some tragedies I don't want to mention. Now we finally make over $250,000 combined and still carry a $200,000 student loan. We are facing a tax increase under Obama rule (we are paying a lot already and we can’t write off our student loan interest because of our income level). He says we should spread wealth. I don't mind to spread wealth if they would pay off our education loan first and made up some loss we have suffered. If we took the Amgen jobs, we probably will make combined $160000 now and have a good amount of savings due to the stock option. We wouldn't have the education loan. We stayed our path to pursue what we want to do and didn't have too much to do with money. We made many sacrifice to reach here. The size of crowd Obama drew does remind me of communist party. Many of the young supporters are those who have never walked the path to their own success. On the other hand, Republican’s policy just doesn't look right. Therefore, again, I decide to let the fate to decide. I voiced my concern to a coworker who is an Obama supporter who made the choice to become a technician instead of finishing her Ph.D when she were young. Since then, she, an elder lady, has been very hostile to me, reminding me the elder Chinese ladies that Chinese government used to use to spy on its citizens and spread its message (probably not anymore even in China). So let’s see.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:12 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times
I like to add that life is unpredictable. Who knows what will happen? If I can, while we are making money, we would like to put more money in saving instead of being taxed further. Do I donate some money to Charity? If I do, I support Castle, an organization that helps abused/neglected Children and Best Friends At Utah. I used to donate regularly to our local animal shelter but stopped due to something I don't like.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 AM

398 posts, read 1,331,246 times
George W. Bush should have been impeached and brought up on charges for what he's done to our Country in the last 8 years. Real talk.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:18 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRey View Post
George W. Bush should have been impeached and brought up on charges for what he's done to our Country in the last 8 years. Real talk.
Ok... Like Puerto Rico is so much better....

Old 11-15-2008, 04:28 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,270 times
^^ Did he ever defend or even mention Puerto Rico?!?! Strange way to defend Bush.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:44 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post

...blah, blah, blah and blah, BLAH, blah...
Maybe some more blahs and
then
p.s. It would be nice that after some posts this thread would die a natural death rather than have to be "closed" by a mod. Just saying.
-

Old 11-17-2008, 02:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,396 times
Default CUBANS hate OBAMA

Cubans were terrified because Fidel Castro was very similar to Obama.

I hate Obama too.

(:

Old 11-17-2008, 02:39 PM

483 posts, read 1,544,270 times
Cubans also love Obama.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:05 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyyfreshman View Post
Cubans were terrified because Fidel Castro was very similar to Obama.

I hate Obama too.

(:

Actually its the Diaz brothers we should be terrified of as just like the Castro brothers they ONLY care about power and other than speeches do nothing for the people.

Obama might be great or terrible no one knows yet but the Diaz brothers have been in office awhile and they are terrible speech giving do nothing .

I didnt vote for Obama but dont fear his policies / My only regret is that the masses who voted for him here in S.Florida didnt stay true to the ideology of change and vote out the incumbents.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 AM

253 posts, read 434,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
Teddy Bear,
Go ruin some other thread, let this one die peacefully.-
Are you kidding? Let him ramble. Rule Number One in Politics: "Never Prevent a Republican from Sounding Like a Republican."

Switch reference to Conservative if you have to. I almost forgot, many Republicans are currently too embarrassed to self-identify as such, but they still grasp the conservative tag.

Whatever you call it, it's still part of the dying white base, the block that is diminishing as a share of the electorate at a steady pace of 2% every 4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami