U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-16-2010, 01:08 AM

4,741 posts, read 4,801,467 times

Advertisements

Oh wait, 2008 LOLZZZZ

Old 12-16-2010, 03:24 AM

8,289 posts, read 7,197,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
But, the guy is Italian. No way in hell he could pass as a white guy in Miami.
Hey the cast of the Jersey Shore fit right in so why not him?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:00 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,539,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
But, the guy is Italian. No way in hell he could pass as a white guy in Miami.

------

I guess that most Italians in the US don't look like rednecks.

Last edited by Manolón; 12-16-2010 at 07:33 AM..

Old 12-16-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
He is White not Cuban so it's not like he would racially stick like a sore thumb in the parts of Florida where most people look like this. So I don't think he would run into any trouble in the parts of Florida that does not resemble Latin America.
-----

We have similar people in some secluded valleys in Spain (Galicia, León, Pirinees). They are "inbreds". They appear in the news when they shoot their neighbor because of some long forgotten feud 400 years ago. Curiously, they also make "moonshine" (orujo) and they play the pipe. They are mostly into the Celtic stuff, but they also like Country music, but they dress better and are nice people.

Last edited by Manolón; 12-16-2010 at 07:20 AM..

Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 PM

They are Celtiberians. Banda de gaitas de Ourense is a total shame though.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:21 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,544,597 times
I was one of those "only" white guys in Miami. Well certainly not the only one, just clearly not a majority. I was also about the youngest one in the neighborhood paying my own rent. I actually liked it that way. I felt like a novelty and I was treated as such actually. One day two friends of mine - one Brit and one NYPR walked through Overtown trying to score a nickelbag (MJ). Ghetto girls were hooting at us and this big old fat Black guy was sitting on the corner watching us saunter down the street laughing his azz off at us saying over and over "Bahahaha- ya'll look like just a couple otha' *****z!" We said thanks for compliment, gave 'im a fiver, and he reached into his garbage bag full of nickel bags and gave us our hooch. We just went back on our merry way back to SoBe. OBTW, we went all the way to OT because nickel bags on SoBe were $10 while OT sported 'em for $5. Seemed like a big deal back then - worth crossing the Bay.

Other curiosities that come to mind - One black guy in Joe's Stone Crabs called me a "Blue Eyed Soul Brother". Great compliment IMO. Another thing - I didn't ever feel like the "only white guy", because a lot of the Cubans looked just as Caucasian as me. The only difference I ever saw between us was they just spoke Spanish as their first language and English second. Me - visa versa - which was cool. We learned a lot from each other. It was beautiful.

Moral of the story of course is no matter where you are or who you are with, if you show love to the people, the people will show love back to you.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:36 AM

Bostonian

Anybody that travels to Miami thinking that he's white and most Hispanics in Miami are not is looking for trouble. Southern Florida is home of most white Hispanics in the US. More so, Hispanics live in the plushest neigborhoods and are the dominant group.

It's just as those Europeans that think that all American are Indians, I would not recommend them to live there.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 AM

12,929 posts, read 19,470,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
Anybody that travels to Miami thinking that he's white and most Hispanics in Miami are not is looking for trouble. Southern Florida is home of most white Hispanics in the US.
That's what I noticed in Miami as well. I'm blond white american guy. But spending time in Miami, I thought most of Miami looked very 'white'.

But 'white' in a good way! I mean, knew how to dress well, have a nice appearance, easy going, etc. They just happened to know Spanish as well.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:46 PM

310 posts, read 574,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italian23 View Post
I've been told that miami is not the place for a white. That the population is 95% minority. Where does a young white guy go for fun in miami? What suburbs are ok?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Italian23, What is a white guy for you? Don't you know that a spanish or hispanic guy is white too or even as white as any italian guy?
Miami is a very international metro area in Florida with many white people from Cuba, Spain, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, England, Canada, Germany, Russia, Poland etc, etc. etc.
Come down to Miami, relax and have fun !!!!.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Italian23, What is a white guy for you? Don't you know that a spanish or hispanic guy is white too or even as white as any italian guy?
Actually, Spanish people (Iberians) and French are whiter than any other Southern Europeans. Most white Cubans (not the mulattoes) in Miami are whiter than most Italians, Portuguese, and Greeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami