U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 AM

46 posts, read 155,353 times

Advertisements

I've been told that miami is not the place for a white. That the population is 95% minority. Where does a young white guy go for fun in miami? What suburbs are ok?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM

3,369 posts, read 7,594,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italian23 View Post
I've been told that miami is not the place for a white. That the population is 95% minority. Where does a young white guy go for fun in miami? What suburbs are ok?
Most of the "minorities" in Miami are Hispanics of European origin. MOST middle class areas of Miami and ALL upper middle class and upper class areas of Miami are majority white, so I don't think you have much to worry about...

Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 AM

1,372 posts, read 2,416,388 times
Quote:
As a white living in Miami, it sure feels that way. Some times you will be the only person you see who speaks English all day. You can't even find mashed and baked potatoes on any menu in Miami. It's 95% rice and beans. So yea, if it's 95% rice and beans, that kinda coincides with your 95% minority guess. I very often feel like "1 out of 20".... (95%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Most of the "minorities" in Miami are Hispanics of European origin. MOST middle class areas of Miami and ALL upper middle class and upper class areas of Miami are majority white, so I don't think you have much to worry about...
Most areas of Miami are not upper or even middle class. Most areas of Miami are lower middle class, or lower class (west of US-1). Spain - or greater Europe's contribution to the genetic gene pool in these areas - west of US-1, is a "drop in the bucket" (very small).

Old 11-17-2008, 11:47 AM

672 posts, read 1,010,674 times
Default White guy in Miami

troll alert (not you crisp)
-
Of course, I could reply:
"No, Miami is not a place for whites, you are bound to get raped and/or robbed and/or killed, and not necessarily in that order."
"Oh, and yes, when are you coming? Ahhhh... Staying where? No, no...Just asking"
-
I'm sure Papa Bear is smart enough to have a friend post and thus not have the same IP address.
-
Hey Papa, I'm Cuban and all 4 grandparents where from Europe, what does that make me?
-
IQ question, the answer is in the question. tic, tic, tic....
-
But, just in case (however unlikely) that this is on the up and up:
Italian, don't worry, have a nice time.
Be careful of white areas in the Southern States, stay close to major cities (see Deliverance with Burt Reynolds and Voight if you need an explanation)
-

Last edited by jbravo; 11-17-2008 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-17-2008, 11:58 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,403,708 times
Quote:

There are Europeans in my area granted not many but a few. It matters not if your White,Black or from Mars .

The only problem you will have in some areas is lack of English or limited English but other than that its fine its like any place else other than deplorable drivers and useless politicians .

Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM

Yea this guy is definitely a troll, I just don't know why I smell jbravo all over this one... could it be him trying to set a bear trap???

Old 11-17-2008, 12:02 PM

[quote=big mean bear;6195229]As a white living in Miami, it sure feels that way. Some times you will be the only person you see who speaks English all day. You can't even find mashed and baked potatoes on any menu in Miami. It's 95% rice and beans. So yea, if it's 95% rice and beans, that kinda coincides with your 95% minority guess. I very often feel like "1 out of 20".... (95%)

Nonsense I live in Doral and even here you can find baked potatoe on a menu. Few very good pizzarias also .

Supermarkets like WinnDixie,Publix carry mashed potatoes and other 'American" dishes.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM

[quote=Luiso;6195472]
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
As a white living in Miami, it sure feels that way. Some times you will be the only person you see who speaks English all day. You can't even find mashed and baked potatoes on any menu in Miami. It's 95% rice and beans. So yea, if it's 95% rice and beans, that kinda coincides with your 95% minority guess. I very often feel like "1 out of 20".... (95%)

Nonsense I live in Doral and even here you can find baked potatoe on a menu. Few very good pizzarias also .

Supermarkets like WinnDixie,Publix carry mashed potatoes and other 'American" dishes.

I'm glad you bring up Publix's and Winn Dixie's deli options... THEY SUCK!!! If you have to go to a grocery store deli to find any traditional American food, well, you see my point. American food in Miami has been on its way out. It's only "company policy" to keep making it. Plus, the delis at these grocers has a notorious "Soul" (Atlanta) taste to them i.e. extra grease, crud, and lard, not an "American" taste. Classic American would be a stretch...

Old 11-17-2008, 12:15 PM

710 posts, read 1,468,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
I'm glad you bring up Publix's and Winn Dixie's deli options... THEY SUCK!!!
Try Whole Foods, Epicure or Joanna's.

Good luck.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:19 PM

[quote=big mean bear;6195546]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post

I'm glad you bring up Publix's and Winn Dixie's deli options... THEY SUCK!!! If you have to go to a grocery store deli to find any traditional American food, well, you see my point. American food in Miami has been on its way out. It's only "company policy" to keep making it. Plus, the delis at these grocers has a notorious "Soul" (Atlanta) taste to them i.e. extra grease, crud, and lard, not an "American" taste. Classic American would be a stretch...

lol I LOVE the food from both places . I find it very good .
Though I mostly cook for myself .
I understand what you mean that 'American' food is on its way out here and yes compared to lets say my old town of PA I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami