Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM

670 posts, read 1,743,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
LOL everyone in power in Miami can share the credit for making the city the best. The best in destroying the quality of life for everyone, the best in eliminating vegetation, the best in "me first". Miami is the best city in unequal distribution of resources, that's a fact!
I've always enjoyed TallRicks' posts.
He can be abrasive but he tells it like he sees it.
It's his opinion, he gives it succinctly with no fancy adornments.
I've never felt any racism/ prejudices from him.
He can and has criticized many things.
If he told me that the dry/wet foot policy was in error, I would agree.
If he told me that the policy that has been pushed for by Cubans in Miami and adoted by the US senate for the past 40 years has helped Castro more than anyone else, I would agree.
If he told me that the Cubans have mismanaged Miami, I would agree and then agree some more.
If he told me that a lot of Cubans have a lot of character flaws and enumerated them at length, I would not take offense and probably agree with most of what he would have to say.
-
It's funny how much respect and agreement can be found when you deal with truth and are not a racist.
-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
And Jbravo is the funniest...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Although I do not post regularly, it is always good to get a compliment. Contrary to popular belief I love Florida and only get frustrated at what people have done to it. My words are simple and points are short. Although I have been called a racist several times on this forum, any intelligent reader knows that I do not believe that any race is superior. My criticism is of culture and the actions of people, regardless of race. Deep down I feel that there are good and bad in every race and mix. I also agree with the list above. If there were more of us south Florida would be a much better place.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:38 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Compelled is pretty straight forward, we know he fights the crime of**RUDE PEOPLE**

Old 11-20-2008, 04:25 PM

7 posts, read 52,403 times
Default Tallrick is the Man

I've been reading Tallrick's opinions for months because I want to buy a home in south Florida and his honest criticisms have helped me modify my location plans several times..........Thank you, Mr Tallrick

Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,670,647 times
I agree that tallrick's opinion is valuable, even if we disagree on many things. I was going to say "wait, aren't I a 'straight shooter'?" until I realized that my posts often aren't all that succient and that I sometimes use "fancy adornments."

Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I agree that tallrick's opinion is valuable, even if we disagree on many things. I was going to say "wait, aren't I a 'straight shooter'?" until I realized that my posts often aren't all that succient and that I sometimes use "fancy adornments."
You're a "white-Hispanic", which more throw some people off.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,670,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
You're a "white-Hispanic", which more throw some people off.
But if you want to get technical, so is tallrick. Haha where have you been? I haven't seen you around the forum in a long time!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:01 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Contrary to popular belief I love Florida and only get frustrated at what people have done to it.
A few nights ago, I watched a show on the history of Miami/Miami Beach, can't remember what channel it was on. And I have to really say that in the 50's and 60s what a great place Miami/Miami beach must have been, at least from what I saw on TV (which doesn't always tell the truth I know). As many of us know Miami has gone a different way since then, not always the good way.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
But if you want to get technical, so is tallrick. Haha where have you been? I haven't seen you around the forum in a long time!
I've been around, but mostly in the West Palm Beach forum. I did read in on some of the race threads, however, and find the technicalities of them sometimes interesting (though I'd be damned if I was going to explain that to someone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
A few nights ago, I watched a show on the history of Miami/Miami Beach, can't remember what channel it was on. And I have to really say that in the 50's and 60s what a great place Miami/Miami beach must have been, at least from what I saw on TV (which doesn't always tell the truth I know). As many of us know Miami has gone a different way since then, not always the good way.
Did they mention segregation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami