Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:13 AM

55 posts, read 126,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Chileans in Miami??
yes there's Don Francisco and La Cuatro from Sabado Gigante

Old 07-02-2010, 02:47 AM

46 posts, read 100,412 times
What "new Miami!?
You said that you lived in Miami during the 90's and the city was entirely different from now?
You said that you prefer the Bronx to Miami....
A piece of advice, change your pusher.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM

16 posts, read 37,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito Chocolatero View Post
What "new Miami!?
You said that you lived in Miami during the 90's and the city was entirely different from now?
You said that you prefer the Bronx to Miami....
A piece of advice, change your pusher.
1. Yes a lot has changed since the early 90's.

2. No, I said the people in the Bronx and Boston were of a higher caliber when it came to being human.

3. Never had one.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 PM

20 posts, read 47,800 times
I've lived in Miami my whole life. It depends on which neighborhoods, like Aventura is completely different from Liberty City. It is VERY diverse; however, there is some tension among some people for certain ethnicities....Racial tension tends to die out in some parts. WASPs never live near Miami. The drive to Orlando is about 4 hours on the Turnpike, and it's worth it. I've been to Disney many times.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:21 PM

69 posts, read 178,641 times
How incredible, I haven't use my honk since I'm back home here in So Cal.
People actually know how to drive!
I went to the local Macy's South Coast Plaza here in Costa Mesa, and people were
actually very polite and the customer service was 11/10. I haven't been served the wrong
food since I came here five days ago. WOW!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:41 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,513,296 times
Not sure... If I were to move to the "south" again, meaning anywhere south of I-80... the only place I would go would be South Florida. Several things would have to come in place for that though, including a need to be close to parents when they get older (they are both already in FL) and possibly for raising family.

I love the international vibe there though and diversity (for an adult) also a big media presence. It is a bit less intellectual of a place than I would prefer, also a bit smaller, however this could be more of a media portrayal than actuality.

Miami is one of the few places in the U.S. where I've always had a great time, and will continue to visit.

It has its issues sure, but it is a lot better than many other places. I will continue to keep Miami on my watch list.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,106 times
^ Good post grapico .

Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 PM

55 posts, read 126,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaK View Post
How incredible, I haven't use my honk since I'm back home here in So Cal.
People actually know how to drive!
I went to the local Macy's South Coast Plaza here in Costa Mesa, and people were
actually very polite and the customer service was 11/10. I haven't been served the wrong
food since I came here five days ago. WOW!
Sothern California has the worst drivers many without a license! Rude customer service. southern California is nothing more than Miami with more illegal immigrants, ghetto burnout tires, Gang infestation, and Meth addicts

thanks but no thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 12:26 PM

242 posts, read 315,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The negative comments have less to do about crime/traffic than it does about xenophobia/racism. It's about whitebread Americans (at one point historically immigrants themselves) who don't like Hispanics/Haitians. Quite pathetic.
Gotta love the "pro Miami" crowd. Instead of convincing the rest of the world that Miami isn't made up of ***holes, you guys reinforce the negative stereotypes and try to make Miami out as some sort of paradise when the reality is that Miami is Detroit with palm trees and a year round climate.

This cute little subforum is laughable. Anyone who defends Miami seriously needs their heads examining. Miami is sinking and there's little hope for saving it, especially while ***MOD CUT*** bury your heads in the sand.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:08 PM

209 posts, read 538,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
On this forum, you mostly hear complaints about Miami (crime, traffic, etc).

So what's really so bad about Miami? Almost 6 million in the metro area, so there has to be something good about it! Or is Miami like Detroit's metro area(no one really comes into the city except for sporting events, downtown, etc)?
I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE Miami! Our daughter attends University of Miami and we have a place at Red Road Commons in Coral Gables near the university.

We love Florida so much in general we are buying a second home there instead of just renting. We have even considered moving down full time soon! Just not sure what part yet. Since it would be a very expensive investment I am traveling both coasts looking around to find just the right spot.

You can't go wrong with Miami. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. Just stay out of the crime areas (mostly by not associating with the criminals, ) and you will be safe and sound.

One of the things I love MOST about Miami is the wonderful mix of ethnic people. If you are nice, people will be nice back to you. Of course that is anywhere in general, but you know what I mean.

Best of luck to you and enjoy the beautiful beaches and everything else that Miami has to offer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami