U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-24-2009, 03:41 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,383,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
84 % of Miami Gardens is "Black". The reality is that a very large percentage of the people who live there are good, decent, hard working people just trying to get by like every other race on this planet. There is a SMALL percentage of the population, mostly under the age of 30, that are committing most of the crimes. The city has done a great job since incorporating and things will only get better.
one can only hope itl get better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 03:49 PM

71 posts, read 187,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-VA-FL View Post
Citizen477, I agree but I think you meant "anonymity" of the internet
Lol...I did. Thanks for pointing that out.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 AM

3,732 posts, read 4,359,823 times
So what if Miami Gardens is up there? Compton is up there too and people always rave about how great a city LA is...every city has good and bad areas...big ****in deal.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM

470 posts, read 667,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Translation View Post
You can pretty much massage statistics of almsost any major US city to make the whole or parts look bad. I've been to eight of the twenty places on this list, and only three of them sent chills down my spine - and Miami Gardens wasn't one of them!
EXACTLY! Exactly what I was going to say. I agree with this 100% and it IS 100% correct.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:44 AM

Here we go again with people trying to put together things that aren't and make them seem into something else. One, that was in 2008. Two, you have to take into consideration why. Miami Gardens is not dangerous at all. Perhaps this rank does how many crimes per how ever many people and considering Miami Gardens isn't large, it makes seem WAY worse than it actually is. Like many people (including myself) have said, these ranks don't always mean what they SEEM to mean. For example, NYC has, is, and probably will always be one of the most dangerous cities, but somehow it hasn't been making all the lists lately. But you have to see why. NYC is huge and has a HUGE population (there is also the corruptness, but I won't mention that). I've been to Miami Gardens plenty of times and never felt in danger or scared. It's just like your regular suburban city. Now I have been to pretty much ALL places in NYC and felt like I was going to lose my life MANY times. Also, I have never been robbed and had any crime done towards me in Miami yet, but in NYC, I don't want to talk about it.

Long story short: This is bull and don't believe everything for what it may seem or what you think it is or seems

Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 PM

2,517 posts, read 6,972,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLee1 View Post
Here we go again with people trying to put together things that aren't and make them seem into something else. One, that was in 2008. Two, you have to take into consideration why. Miami Gardens is not dangerous at all. Perhaps this rank does how many crimes per how ever many people and considering Miami Gardens isn't large, it makes seem WAY worse than it actually is. Like many people (including myself) have said, these ranks don't always mean what they SEEM to mean. For example, NYC has, is, and probably will always be one of the most dangerous cities, but somehow it hasn't been making all the lists lately. But you have to see why. NYC is huge and has a HUGE population (there is also the corruptness, but I won't mention that). I've been to Miami Gardens plenty of times and never felt in danger or scared. It's just like your regular suburban city. Now I have been to pretty much ALL places in NYC and felt like I was going to lose my life MANY times. Also, I have never been robbed and had any crime done towards me in Miami yet, but in NYC, I don't want to talk about it.

Long story short: This is bull and don't believe everything for what it may seem or what you think it is or seems
Lee...you are completely out of touch with reality and live in a bubble world if you believe Miami Gardens is not a dangerous place. It is because of people like you that crimes do occur.....opportunistic crimes. If people had more "street" sense and avoided areas and certain bad habits (getting money out of ATM at night for example) crimes would be much less. You are supporting the criminals with your outlook. Go ahead and be a statistic ! The most common thing I here is " I didn't think it would happen to me !? "

Old 05-05-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Lee...you are completely out of touch with reality and live in a bubble world if you believe Miami Gardens is not a dangerous place. It is because of people like you that crimes do occur.....opportunistic crimes. If people had more "street" sense and avoided areas and certain bad habits (getting money out of ATM at night for example) crimes would be much less. You are supporting the criminals with your outlook. Go ahead and be a statistic ! The most common thing I here is " I didn't think it would happen to me !? "
Ummm I do have "street" sense and everything of that sort, I've lived in NYC for a LONG time and have spent a lot, a LOT of time in ghettos in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, everywhere in NYC. I actually lived in a ghetto in NYC. I have also spent a lot of times in ghettos in L.A. and other places in California. I know what ghettos are, and I mean REAL ghettos. I know what dangerous places are, I know what to do and what not to do. I know who to talk to and how to talk. Miami Gardens is no where near a ghetto, that's one, two, it's no where near to being dangerous (and I mean ACTUALLY dangerous), and no where near to being as dangerous as actual dangerous places. No way, no how. I have been there many times, it's absolutely nothing to worry about, well at least for me (and people like me). I know to certain people, places that aren't dangerous to me, seem dangerous. There's different types of people. To some, like me, dangerous places are actual dangerous places, to some, places that to me just aren't as nice looking or people aren't as nice, or everything just isn't as much as, for example, Beverly Hills, are "dangerous." It just depends on the person's views and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami