Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:38 PM

385 posts, read 1,886,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartiPoodle View Post
Did ya notice the tattoo shop has a caddy and a mercedes sitting in front?
lol i just saw them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,855,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrox08 View Post
lol The comments are pouring in but no one read the actual post where it said to rate from 1-10 with 10 being the worst

Its kind of hard to tell... Its more about the people than the housing... like i stated ive lived in the Caribbean in a small apartment with no AC/ hot water.. etc etc... and right next door i had a Haitian shanty village but the people were really nice so by the looks it looked like a 10 but the people were like 3(except the occasional street kid) Also in liberty city it doesnt look THAT run down but the people there are yuck.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:45 PM

89 posts, read 1,046,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
Its kind of hard to tell... Its more about the people than the housing... like i stated ive lived in the Caribbean in a small apartment with no AC/ hot water.. etc etc... and right next door i had a Haitian shanty village but the people were really nice so by the looks it looked like a 10 but the people were like 3(except the occasional street kid) Also in liberty city it doesnt look THAT run down but the people there are yuck.
Well most of the photo's were taken in opa locka, some in carol city, and a few in liberty city if that helps. They have some really disgusting class-less people from what I can tell you coming from what everyone says. No I didn't stop to mingle rofl. Not all areas in carol city look bad but I thought I would put up a few random hot spots.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,461,254 times
wow...

Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,855,277 times
I havent really been to liberty city in like 4 years... i know they are rebuilding overtown area with that being said overtown used to look really bad ... and i remember there was a part in liberty city i think right on the border with hialeah there were a bunch of small shacks.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 PM

1,069 posts, read 3,186,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrox08 View Post
lol The comments are pouring in but no one read the actual post where it said to rate from 1-10 with 10 being the worst
I dunno, it certainly looks harder than the bad parts of St Pete or Tampa and combined with the lack of grass and abundant litter it's worth a 7. Throw in the apartment complex that bears a striking resembelence to the old Florida State Prison and we're looking at a solid 8 1/2.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM

290 posts, read 812,050 times
looks like some parts of atlanta to me

Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 PM

206 posts, read 527,232 times
Default Big 10

Take a trip to Atlanta,GA. Go to the projects on Thomasville Blvd called Four Season now known as Forest Cove & Thomasville. That's the St. Thomas, Melphomine, Calliope and Magnolia all put together...... by the way those are names of New Orleans Housing Projects.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 PM

106 posts, read 432,251 times
One of the first things I noticed when I moved to Miami (actually freaking downtown Biscayne & 17th - talk about scary) that everywhere was concrete. It is like they tore out all the bushes and trees to pour concrete parking everywhere just as your photos show!

I don't not understand that...what an ugly city.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:37 PM

106 posts, read 432,251 times
I also HAVE to tell you all a true story. I was living down on 17th and Biscayne for about 4 months when my girlfriend came to visit and start organizing her move in with me. I drove here all around that weekend, but by far the most memorable scene (perhaps of my entire Mehammy experience - and there are hundreds) was when she and I were driving South on Biscayne nearing my turn toward the intercoastal at about 4pm on a Sunday afternoon.

All weekend she had been rambling on about how "it's not that bad, I will be ok, blah, blah". I proceeded to tell her I did not want her out in our neighborhood at night with out me. "Oh, I'll be ok. I might jog or walk..." almost arguing with me.

Suddenly we look over to the left in a vacant lot. A giant tree, the only one in the lot, very close to as we slowly drive by. We see this figure, like a donkey or something, dark, bent over under the tree. Neither of us could make out what it was exactly as the car crept closer.

Then we watched in astonishment as a man with no clothes on from waist down was wiping his ass with a green sweater! He was full on locked knees, bent over just yards from the road - half naked, sweater sleeves blowing all over the place, wiping his ass like no body's business.

My girlfriend finally agreed she would not be going outside at night with out me (let alone day).

And there is Miami. 2 class society. Wealthy and super poor - not much in between.

Loved the photos.....well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami