Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2011, 04:57 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,986 times

Advertisements

Miami, heck, Florida in General has some of the worst ghetto's I've personally experienced in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 01:43 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Miami, heck, Florida in General has some of the worst ghetto's I've personally experienced in the U.S.
You need to travel on down from the Bronx to South Bronx, that is or was consiidered the worst slum in America. I am not to crazy about the Bronx either with all that drab brownstone. Miami has the drab cinder-block public housing, but still more appeasing than the northeast criteria.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:14 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You need to travel on down from the Bronx to South Bronx, that is or was consiidered the worst slum in America. I am not to crazy about the Bronx either with all that drab brownstone. Miami has the drab cinder-block public housing, but still more appeasing than the northeast criteria.

Plus Miami is Prettier than the Bronx anyways.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiz31 View Post
We should have a thread for "What happened when I wandered into the hood...".

I have a ton of stories.
Yes! I have already told the story about the "Machete" in Little Haiti, two people screaming at each other in Creole, each with a Machete, at the top of their lungs..I was for sure that I would see body parts flying...instead..., "No, mon, you see no one gets hurt when BOTH people have a machete". Okay...

As for the train the other night...it could have been some strange movie, with all these fantastic characters getting on the train, with this loud hip hop music going on in the background...no one cared...then the police get on the train, running through the car, and they get off...like, did that really happen? Why did the police run on the train, and run thru the car, and leave? It was so wierd. And of course, everyone was looking at me...like what is with this crazy white chick on a train in Overtown at 10 pm on Friday night...Well, I had to go to the HAC...yes, that is a homeless shelter...to meet some one and I did not have my car...no one bothered me, after all, they probably thought I was crazy.

I am probably the only white woman in this town that rides on Jitneys...it is definitely a cultural experience.

Last edited by jasper12; 07-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: edit.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,574 times
i haven't been to dade county in a minute but in the hood we still have areas we chill though 54th,79th,183rd,62nd,15th ave,12th ave,22nd ave so on ***MOD CUT***

Last edited by doggiebus; 07-22-2011 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Please use Direct Message

Old 08-01-2011, 03:54 PM

144 posts, read 324,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Seriously - The worst areas of Miami still don't hold a candle to even the "revived" parts of the South Bronx. Not even close.

The Bronx is alot nicer than it was in the 80s and 90s must give it credit. However if you take a walk through Patterson projects on 143rd street on a Friday night you will see 60+ drug dealin boys just hanging out side.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
Plus Miami is Prettier than the Bronx anyways.
Bronx has always been trash but back in the 60's through the 90's was 20x worst than now.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:18 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Bronx has always been trash but back in the 60's through the 90's was 20x worst than now.
Plus miami has the most beautiful biscayne bay.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
The new ghetto and the old ghetto just by crossing the street

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Overto...,88.14,,0,5.06

Old 08-03-2011, 12:55 PM

7 posts, read 16,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somesnapper View Post
Seriously - The worst areas of Miami still don't hold a candle to even the "revived" parts of the South Bronx. Not even close.

The Bronx is alot nicer than it was in the 80s and 90s must give it credit. However if you take a walk through Patterson projects on 143rd street on a Friday night you will see 60+ drug dealin boys just hanging out side.
this is not even close to being true. Overtown/Liberty City make the Bronx these days look like a walk in the park. back in the 80's and 90's, it was a different story, but today, the Bronx is much cleaner, much safer and much more diverse than any hood in Miami could ever dream of being. you won't find any Chase Banks (or any sort of major business) walking around in Overtown, but you'll find plenty in the South Bronx. and in terms of appearence, the historic architecture of the Bronx is beautiful compared to the square, concrete jail block looking buildings that occupy all of Overtown. have u ever even been to Overtown? at night time it's literally nothing but drug dealers and zombie-like junkies walking the streets. it's the 9th circle of hell. i have friends in NYC and i have been to the Bronx plenty of times, and the difference is like night and day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami