Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM

433 posts, read 953,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Are you kidding? You have very bad taste, my friend. Are you trying to get under my skin, or hint that you are Puerto Rican? My favorite street in C. Habana is Paseo del Prado (Paseo de Marti). I used to have a girlfriend who went to University of Havana; her name was Ana. She lived in Santa Fe and we rented our own house (Particular) in Santa Fe. I had a Honda motorcycle that took me everywhere...

Back to the OP.
LOL, , nahh, Im just a fresh of the boat cuban rafter. Personaly, I dont like neither Burger King not McDonald, but damn, as an ex-Cuban resident I can tell you that Cuba needs some international food franchise, not only in C. Havana but all over the island. I just cannot imagine a starbuck in the University of Havana, it will be great. What will Cubans want? I hate to say it, but the market will tell, and as a Cuban I can guarantee you that cubans tend to be big consumers, of EVERYTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM

145 posts, read 302,275 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? You have very bad taste, my friend.
Food preferences are subjective.

Weak x2.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM

640 posts, read 1,823,289 times
For anyone who's interested reading beyond the usual p*ss*ng and moaning on this forum, South Florida CEO magazine published a long article in Oct. 2005 on the subject of post-Castro Cuba and American business interests:

Cuba on the horizon: South Florida business leaders gauge the impact of a free-market Cuba—post-Castro: one of the largest, most extensive surveys of South Florida business leaders uncovers widespread optimism that a free Cuba will have a positive economic impact on our area

Old 01-26-2009, 01:19 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendthrift View Post
Food preferences are subjective.

Weak x2.
You have crummy tastes in food, as well as a submissive attitude towards letting corporate giants dominate poor countries' economies.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 PM

433 posts, read 953,277 times
Quote:
You have crummy tastes in food, as well as a submissive attitude towards letting corporate giants dominate poor countries' economies.
Come on Cuba Libre you can be better than that. You have been in Cuba. I would be better with Marill Lynch's CEO Mr. Thain that with Mr. Castro.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Or not. I don't eat McDonalds or any other fast food. My body is a temple, etc etc. But I won't judge someone who likes it.

Anyways, Cuban food isn't exactly superb... Kinda pedestrian, really.

In the poor nations I have lived in and visited (all in, about 40) I've noticed that the "corporate giants" dominating the economy offer safe, stable, indoor (it matters) employment to the most lucky of the vast underclass.

Don't judge.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,610,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendthrift View Post

In the poor nations I have lived in and visited (all in, about 40) I've noticed that the "corporate giants" dominating the economy offer safe, stable, indoor (it matters) employment to the most lucky of the vast underclass.
Cuba is more than any old "poor nation". It has the highest number of doctors per capita in the world. You just don't know anything about Cuba, that's all. Lump into a group of 40 random poor countries and treat it as an equal. Ha!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 AM

640 posts, read 1,823,289 times
Cuba also has one of the world's highest literacy rates (almost 100%), higher than the U.S.'s.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Cuba is more than any old "poor nation". It has the highest number of doctors per capita in the world. You just don't know anything about Cuba, that's all. Lump into a group of 40 random poor countries and treat it as an equal. Ha!
Actually, I've been all over Cuba. I'm quite familiar with the place.

Interesting... Lefties are so easily manipulated..

Hospital Clínico Quirúrgico

The Cuban government manipulates public opinion of her failures by overly focusing on the one or two (maybe even three!) determined "successes" of that government. Literacy, health care, etc. So, the whole country is poor as hell (except for the ultra rich at the top --- Castro et al) but they have so many Dr's!!!! And they can all read!! Well, they have the ability to read, which is a whole other story.

Anyways, to return to the OP. Cuba will open, and her status as a Poverty Zoo for wealthy leftists to visit and admire her authenticity will die. Die, die, die. And that's a good thing.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar Beach View Post
Cuba also has one of the world's highest literacy rates (almost 100%), higher than the U.S.'s.
And what factors do you think lead to this disparity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami