Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,665 times

Advertisements

My husband is military and will be stationed in Perrine, Fl. I have been looking everywhere to find information on the best areas for us to live..Help me out please. Where are the best places to live for families and where are the best school districts? I have heard people say stay away from any address the has "NW" in it and West Perrine. Looking online Coral Gables seems to be an awsome area, but with an awsomely(HIGH) price. Can anyone give me some good areas to look at? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missvada View Post
My husband is military and will be stationed in Perrine, Fl. I have been looking everywhere to find information on the best areas for us to live..Help me out please. Where are the best places to live for families and where are the best school districts? I have heard people say stay away from any address the has "NW" in it and West Perrine. Looking online Coral Gables seems to be an awsome area, but with an awsomely(HIGH) price. Can anyone give me some good areas to look at? Thanks
Your husband sponsor should be providing some info about the area, also the housing office can assist you with this.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Your husband sponsor should be providing some info about the area, also the housing office can assist you with this.

Well that is what most military would do, rely on a sponser but my husband is AGR therefore no sponsor is given. But I will contact the housing office.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:05 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Look at Pinecrest, Palmetto Bay for the best schools, but they may still be high for you. You should also look at East Kendall (still good schools stay East of 107th ave just to crowded the further west you go), There are a lot of new homes out west of Perrine which might better fit your budget, around Tamiami Airport, Metro Zoo, Country Walk area.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:23 AM

71 posts, read 243,737 times
Homestead and Keys Gate near the Homestead Hospital are nice as well. Really quiet areas...the commute shouldn't be that bad and it's much cheaper... you get more for your money.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 AM

3,368 posts, read 11,671,359 times
Eastern Perrine, eastern/central Cutler Bay, Keys Gate (Homestead), Country Walk, Kendale Lakes, The Hammocks, The Crossings/Calusa Country Club area, Kendall, Palmetto Bay, The Falls.

How old are your kids? I ask because Homestead isn't known for having good schools; however, Keys Gate Charter School (K-8, I believe) is supposed to be good and serves the Keys Gate neighborhood. Cutler Bay is another place in which the high school/middle schools have a bad reputation but the elementary schools do not. The schools in all of the other places I have named have average-to-good reputations regardless of whether they are elementary, middle, or high schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami