U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,514,032 times

Advertisements

From a strictly climate and weather perspective, Los Angeles is the winner, even now in January. Yes, the air quality in Los Angeles isn't too good and I think it does not rain enough. But there are many more days in the year where you can actually take a walk outside and still feel somewhat comfortable. 90F and dry in Los Angeles beats a similar 90 degree day in Miami EASILY!!! Why? This is obvious because Miami is hot and muggy. Miami has pretty bad weather most of the year. Of course IMO Seattle and Portland has both L.A. and Miami beat in terms of weather because their wet rainy weather is great for my health and my allergy problems would be greatly reduced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 06:23 PM

1,170 posts, read 2,387,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
It seems LA doesn't even get as hot as the rest of the country in the summer. Weird.
I think that is a good thing. Who wants to deal with brutal heat?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:19 AM

4 posts, read 5,669 times
****Warning this comment may be considered boring and/or silly for some individuals.***** (LOL)

If you are a model, or a person that cares about your physical appearance may found this opinion about the climate, a little useful or informative.

I move to L.A from Miami two years ago. All I can say is the following: That humid, warm weather had my face moisturize, my pores where hydrating all day long. Not only my face but my whole body. I had amazing "baby" like skin. Since I move to L.A my face gets EXTREMELY dry!!!! For the first time in my life I get breakouts, the pimples leave blemishes, and with the make up and the dry weather, as a result now I have wider pores. It could be that I was used to the Miami weather, or maybe because I don't really sweat that much or anything, so humidity didn't bother me.
I LOVE the weather in Miami.
I still have really nice skin but not like before, and now I found myself wearing more make-up (which I hate) and spending lots of money in beauty products.
Right now is summer time in L.A and the temperature is anywhere from 60 F to 65 F and gets colder at night. In Miami is nice and pleasant 75 F, 80 F, 85 F...

-I'm young and even tho I DON'T dress revealing I dress accordingly to my age, and here in L.A I CANT GO NO WHERE WITHOUT A SWEATER. IDK but I'm cold almost every day!!!!!!

-I have been wanting to go tanning to the beach, and the water is disgustingly FREEZING!!! and even if is sunny, the air is COLD ( I tried Laguna Beach, Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, just to mention a few)
DON't LIKE IT!!!!

( I do LOVE that almost everyone here is very POLITE (: )

Old 05-22-2011, 02:42 AM

1,795 posts, read 2,073,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMiami12 View Post
****Warning this comment may be considered boring and/or silly for some individuals.***** (LOL)

If you are a model, or a person that cares about your physical appearance may found this opinion about the climate, a little useful or informative.

I move to L.A from Miami two years ago. All I can say is the following: That humid, warm weather had my face moisturize, my pores where hydrating all day long. Not only my face but my whole body. I had amazing "baby" like skin. Since I move to L.A my face gets EXTREMELY dry!!!! For the first time in my life I get breakouts, the pimples leave blemishes, and with the make up and the dry weather, as a result now I have wider pores. It could be that I was used to the Miami weather, or maybe because I don't really sweat that much or anything, so humidity didn't bother me.
I LOVE the weather in Miami.
I still have really nice skin but not like before, and now I found myself wearing more make-up (which I hate) and spending lots of money in beauty products.
Right now is summer time in L.A and the temperature is anywhere from 60 F to 65 F and gets colder at night. In Miami is nice and pleasant 75 F, 80 F, 85 F...

-I'm young and even tho I DON'T dress revealing I dress accordingly to my age, and here in L.A I CANT GO NO WHERE WITHOUT A SWEATER. IDK but I'm cold almost every day!!!!!!

-I have been wanting to go tanning to the beach, and the water is disgustingly FREEZING!!! and even if is sunny, the air is COLD ( I tried Laguna Beach, Malibu, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, just to mention a few)
DON't LIKE IT!!!!

( I do LOVE that almost everyone here is very POLITE (: )

Nah! It's not too silly or boring for me! It's the core issue I have with living in Southern California. It's too damn dry!!! Like you, I often find that I'm freezing my A$$ off and It's difficult to lose weight as a result of it. The skin on my upper cheeks right below my eyes is cracked and peeling and my nostrils actually hurt when I breathe. I'm tired of looking at brown chaparral and I miss the lush beauty of Miami. At this point I feel like a prisoner here and every moment I spend here p*sses me off more. Well, at least the world didn't end, so I still got another shot at getting to Miami!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:49 AM

1,795 posts, read 2,073,712 times
I think I'm going to grow my sideburns out till I look like a riverboat captain and start a grass roots group called the "It's Too Damn Dry! Party". We'll lobby for grants and with the money we get, we'll place huge humidifiers on all the hillsides, and we'll demand that San Onofre and Diablo Canyon up the steam output of their reactors so we can get the monsoonal weather pattern all year round! LOL!! [/LOONY RANT]

Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 AM

2,217 posts, read 2,228,751 times
i can understand both of your arguments. ill add to it the fact that people in vegas complain LA is too humid lol... those people are lizards.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:38 AM

3,245 posts, read 4,111,642 times
Funny that this is brought back up and there is a skin discussion.

Since I just saw the title of this thread, I was going to say that although LA might be more comfortable (humidity wise) it does a horrible number on your skin.

People out there look like a bunch of dried up, leather skinned lizards. Most of them have more wrinkles than an old catchers mitt.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 AM

of course florida is the state that gave you magda from something about mary

Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 AM

4,741 posts, read 4,809,408 times
Sometimes it feels SAM was the only movie filmed in Miami.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
Sometimes it feels SAM was the only movie filmed in Miami.
true its one of the most memorable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami