Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM

23 posts, read 91,611 times

Advertisements

How busy does spring break get in Miami ? Is it ok for families ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,470,340 times
Miami is always busy. The saying in MIA is "it's never boring", and you better believe that. Miami is best for young adults who seek decadence. There's a lot of sex on the beach in MIA, and I'm not just talking about the beverage. Of course there's plenty of thing to do in MIA for kids just like any major metro, but if you're going to cross the world to entertain your kids, you are certainly better off in Orlando. ORL is Disney, Universal Studios, Epcot. Miami is mambas, shaking mambas, and more shaking mambas. So it depends what you're looking for. I've drove through ORL once. I lived in MIA for three insane years. I guess that says it all, eh?

Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM

710 posts, read 2,232,733 times
Miami is fine for families, we take our kids down to SoBe (usually Lincoln Rd) for dinner a couple of times a month.
As for "attractions," the Miami Children's Museum is great, Jungle Island & Metro Zoo are pretty nice and the Seaquarium is just ok.
Venetian Pool or Cape Florida beach are really fun for kids too.

Spring Break is pretty busy, but not as bad as Christmas. Busier than the summer, but not too bad.

Unless you're completely puritanical (and VERY sheltered) you'll have a great time.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 PM

294 posts, read 1,148,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiewhisper View Post
How busy does spring break get in Miami ? Is it ok for families ?

Thanks
If you want to avoid the madness of South Beach and Ft Lauderdale Beach during spring break, I would recommend a hotel in Hollywood on the Beach. It's a good location and close to restaurants, shopping, excursions, etc., and close enough to SoBe and and Ft Lauderdale should you decide to visit those places too. Tell us what you like to do with your family and we can be more helpful.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,122 times
6 irish guys heading to MIami around the 18th March and was hoping to catch some of spring break is this the rght time? where would be a good place to stay/ go out in over there?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,380,884 times
It's okay for families...South Beach isn't the hot stop for spring break anymore. You have to go to Panama City, FL or Cancun, MX

Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,380,884 times
Paddy: Stay in South Beach, but don't expect to see huge parties on the beach.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 68,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy_irishman View Post
6 irish guys heading to MIami around the 18th March and was hoping to catch some of spring break is this the rght time? where would be a good place to stay/ go out in over there?

I think guys would prefer Cancun Mexico.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:42 PM

99 posts, read 425,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Paddy: Stay in South Beach, but don't expect to see huge parties on the beach.
Im not really a huge beach party person, but at what point did the parties stop?
I haven't been to the beah during Spring Break in quite a while and mainly because of the huge traffic that happens during that time.
I know Ft. Lauderdale completely flipped its Spring Break image years ago, but Im pretty sure South Beach will be a dandy place suring Spring Break. Panama City and Cancun are clearly larger target points for College students though.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:23 AM

763 posts, read 3,531,492 times
Miami is good for families. Contrary to what some may believe, there is a lot to do with a family on a spring break trip. For example, the beaches, Miami MetroZoo, Vizcaya, walks through Downtown, Miami Seaquarium, museums, outdoor activities, Jungle Island, parks, etc. I'd look more into what Miami has to offer and see if it's what your kids want to do. Like any other American city, Miami offers the same, if not more amenities for families with great weather, especially in the Spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami