Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:03 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times

Advertisements

Asking if Liberty City is safe is like asking if you'd be ok living in Cabrini-Green (at its worst)

Old 02-14-2009, 07:00 AM

292 posts, read 956,318 times
If your job is,

1. Selling crack
2. Selling guns/ammo
3. Selling any other drug- this includes any combination of household chemicals
4. Wandering the street aimlessly- singing, dancing
5. Selling booze
6. You own a dollar store or a fried chicken restaurant
7. You own a place that does hair extensions
8. You own the hospital with the slogan "You shoot them- we patch them"

You may want to consider moving somewhere else. Those are the occupations in Liberty City- if you work you will be the only one who does. From what I can tell- its very relaxing between the hail of gunfire and the smell of crack.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:25 PM

28 posts, read 148,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsmith0210 View Post
If your job is,

1. Selling crack
2. Selling guns/ammo
3. Selling any other drug- this includes any combination of household chemicals
4. Wandering the street aimlessly- singing, dancing
5. Selling booze
6. You own a dollar store or a fried chicken restaurant
7. You own a place that does hair extensions
8. You own the hospital with the slogan "You shoot them- we patch them"

You may want to consider moving somewhere else. Those are the occupations in Liberty City- if you work you will be the only one who does. From what I can tell- its very relaxing between the hail of gunfire and the smell of crack.
That sums it up about right. There are a lot of bums who wander aimlessly in those parts of Miami.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
I don't understand the need to bash poor areas and this goes to the OP also. I don't recommend living there unless you can't afford anything better but all these people talking about gunshots and drugs, have you actually been there?Because I have, and even though it's very poor and depressing, I don't recall seeing that 24/7 (I haven't seen it at all except for the news) Let's be honest but not disrespectful or condecending. There are children and older people that have no other choice than to live there.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 8,967 times
I am surprised you wrote this today. On Friday at 5pm there was a shooting (AK47s) that almost killed 4 young guys (one 8 year old) in north miami, close to Liberty city.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:09 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,382 times
For several years my job was to do consulting work with hospitals and doctors in the Miami area, so I know the vicinity quite well. I moved there from the NE because one of my sons had a scholarship for a college in Miami.
I lived in Homestead. I liked it there. Smallish, but some excellent Mexican restaurants and a very nice YMCA. It was also the gateway to the Keys. The middle and High Schools are terrible.

Kendall is a decent place too. Lots of shopping, restaurants and everything is close by. Janet Reno has a house there. I spent a lot of time in Kendall one year because I took classes there.
I guess I would call it a bit upscale compared to Homestead. Schools are better there.

What I disliked about South Fl is the awful humidity and the excruciatingly congested highways. Miami Beach is way overrated.

Also, when I first moved there, it really bugged me that everyone automatically assumes you speak Spanish.Silly me, I automatically thought everyone spoke English. Of course there is a large Cuban population and Colombian too. I do miss my frequent shots of espresso and the many eclectic cheap restaurants.

I completed my journey down there and moved to central Fl a couple of years ago. One of my sons wanted to go to USF. Traffic and humidity are much lower in this area. The cost of living and electric bills are much better too.

Last edited by baseballgal; 02-16-2009 at 06:22 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 07:53 PM

28 posts, read 148,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
For several years my job was to do consulting work with hospitals and doctors in the Miami area, so I know the vicinity quite well. I moved there from the NE because one of my sons had a scholarship for a college in Miami.
I lived in Homestead. I liked it there. Smallish, but some excellent Mexican restaurants and a very nice YMCA. It was also the gateway to the Keys. The middle and High Schools are terrible.

Kendall is a decent place too. Lots of shopping, restaurants and everything is close by. Janet Reno has a house there. I spent a lot of time in Kendall one year because I took classes there.
I guess I would call it a bit upscale compared to Homestead. Schools are better there.

What I disliked about South Fl is the awful humidity and the excruciatingly congested highways. Miami Beach is way overrated.

Also, when I first moved there, it really bugged me that everyone automatically assumes you speak Spanish.Silly me, I automatically thought everyone spoke English. Of course there is a large Cuban population and Colombian too. I do miss my frequent shots of espresso and the many eclectic cheap restaurants.

I completed my journey down there and moved to central Fl a couple of years ago. One of my sons wanted to go to USF. Traffic and humidity are much lower in this area. The cost of living and electric bills are much better too.
I wish the things that make Americans scamper to Central, West, and North Florida from the Miami area disappeared (including the people) so that more decent, English speaking Americans could enjoy U.S. the territory otherwise known as Dade County.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:11 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Spanish speaking Americans or whatever their nationality are not going to disappear anytime soon, keep wishing. Besides "English speaking Americans" that don't like "Spanish speaking" people have a lot of other U.S. territories they can "enjoy" I really don't understand the difference between central, west and South Florida besides the high hispanic population in Miami. I like Miami but in my opinion is not special at all, housing is expensive and the Job market sucks. This is also true for central and west Florida.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
LOL. Sorry with this bad economy I had to pawn my rose-colored glasses last month.
Not everyone that likes Miami has rose colored glasses.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 6,157 times
ok Kevinkagy you are completely wrong....., liberty city is worst than it has ever been and i would know i lived there for 7 years and i lived right where those shootings have been in the past couple of weeks, i lived in the liberty square housing projects ***MOD CUT***. PRINCE850 your going to want to stay clear of the following city's - Liberty city, Little Haiti, Lemon City, Overtown, Opa Locka, Richmond Heights, myrtle grove, little havana, and parts of carol city.

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-05-2010 at 08:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami