Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM

18 posts, read 28,368 times

Advertisements

really - i am a white scandinavian woman, living in chicago. want to move to miami area and join in the diverse group of people and share the more vibrant life style.

the white people here in chicago are so stuck up and boring, it is embarrasing to be a white person. who cares about the skin color. it is all about the personality and the energy. american white people are the most boring people on earth. shame on them.

i really hope that the situation in miami is not so bad that color really matters. plus, all people should speak languages, i speak 12 . spanish is one of the most important languages in the world, and second official language in US. all white people should learn spanish. my kids have learned and love it. USA must learn to be more global and civilized. otherwise nobody will like americans. that is the truth. so let miami be the showcase for good sample, mix of all kinds of wonderful people.

so, i hope someone can tell me that i can find an area that i can enjoy moving to and put my children to schools in the south easter florida, miami or ft lauderdale areas.

i want to buy a home in an area that is near ocean, low crime, good schools and fun people, good atmoshpere. please help.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:28 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnjammer View Post
really - i am a white scandinavian woman, living in chicago. want to move to miami area and join in the diverse group of people and share the more vibrant life style.

the white people here in chicago are so stuck up and boring, it is embarrasing to be a white person. who cares about the skin color. it is all about the personality and the energy. american white people are the most boring people on earth. shame on them.

i really hope that the situation in miami is not so bad that color really matters. plus, all people should speak languages, i speak 12 . spanish is one of the most important languages in the world, and second official language in US. all white people should learn spanish. my kids have learned and love it. USA must learn to be more global and civilized. otherwise nobody will like americans. that is the truth. so let miami be the showcase for good sample, mix of all kinds of wonderful people.

so, i hope someone can tell me that i can find an area that i can enjoy moving to and put my children to schools in the south easter florida, miami or ft lauderdale areas.

i want to buy a home in an area that is near ocean, low crime, good schools and fun people, good atmoshpere. please help.
Jealous of what, exactly?

Trust me, I have no desire to be a loud, obnoxious moron. I treat women with respect, I don't drive like a reckless maniac and I can converse in 3 different languages, not just 1.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:28 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,779 times
The guy on the left is cute.
He should stay.
Ok, fine, let her stay too.
But change her hairdo, please.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank check View Post
So the point of this thread is what? I appreciate your sarcasm, I am that way myself, and too often, according to my newest Ex-Girlfriend. Please elaborate on what was going on inside your head when you made this thread...

Keep letting people like this in?

While at the same time encouraging these folks to leave?
LMAO!!

Rep points to you for that....too funny.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 PM

69 posts, read 259,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo View Post
The guy on the left is cute.
He should stay.
Ok, fine, let her stay too.
But change her hairdo, please.

Why
do
you
always
write
this?

If you can't explain your OP, then I will have to relegate you to the silly kids corner of the room with your new party girl friend.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnjammer View Post
wow, i am a white scandinavian, living in chicago, divorced a white american, now thinking of moving to miami area, specifically looking forward to the diverse mix of fun loving latinos and caribbean people. i am so disappointed to read about the anger and hatred. who cares about white or not. why do americans put so much importance to the color of the person????
Do you really not see the irony in your post? You're white, looking to move where there are latinos and you ask who cares white or not or about the importance of color? YOU clearly care about white or not and the importance of color.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Do you really not see the irony in your post? You're white, looking to move where there are latinos and you ask who cares white or not or about the importance of color? YOU clearly care about white or not and the importance of color.
It's not about skin color at all, actually. Many of the immigrants in Miami are as white as the next person, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is attitude and personality. If people have a horrible attitude, regardless of skin color, then there's a problem.

To the Scandinavian hoping to come here, good luck with that. Bring plenty of money + hope you have a great, high paying job lined up, because you'll need it. Making friends here is tough, unless you're a clone, just like *them*. When I came here, I was just as open minded about the Latin culture, until I experienced all of the negative aspects of it first hand, i.e. the rudeness, the arrogance, the reckless driving, discrimination, etc.

I don't know what's so funny about the issue of making the few Americans who still live in Miami leave, just because they are unhappy. Why should they?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:44 PM

69 posts, read 259,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
It's not about skin color at all, actually. Many of the immigrants in Miami are as white as the next person, but it really doesn't matter. What matters is attitude and personality. If people have a horrible attitude, regardless of skin color, then there's a problem.

To the Scandinavian hoping to come here, good luck with that. Bring plenty of money + hope you have a great, high paying job lined up, because you'll need it. Making friends here is tough, unless you're a clone, just like *them*. When I came here, I was just as open minded about the Latin culture, until I experienced all of the negative aspects of it first hand, i.e. the rudeness, the arrogance, the reckless driving, discrimination, etc.

I don't know what's so funny about the issue of making the few Americans who still live in Miami leave, just because they are unhappy. Why should they?
They should be the ones doing the 'leaving'. At least the criminals, the non-English speakers, and the perpetual leeches who milk our system for all it's worth. These people should be bussed to nearby freighters in handcuffs, where they would have a free one way cruise back to their tropical cesspools.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,779 times
They
__come
_o_u____t
__________of
the
_woodwork
LMAO

Old 01-10-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank check View Post
They should be the ones doing the 'leaving'. At least the criminals, the non-English speakers, and the perpetual leeches who milk our system for all it's worth. These people should be bussed to nearby freighters in handcuffs, where they would have a free one way cruise back to their tropical cesspools.
This is why we need to end the failed "wet foot, dry foot" policy. Of course, not all immigrants are bad, but many are just economic refugees looking for a quick buck and should be treated the same way as any other immigrant looking to move to the United States.

It's a well known fact that Castro flushed the proverbial toilets in Cuba a couple of decades ago. We allow undocumented immigrants into our country, just because they are from Cuba. Who knows if they were wanted criminals back in Cuba; murderers, thieves, child molesters, rapists? Just let 'em all in....what a joke.

Ending the trade embargo + talking to Cuban leaders in Cuba would be the best start. Helping Cubans in Cuba would be far more beneficial on a wider scale than just allowing those who jump ship & bail a free passage into the United States, while Haitians are so quickly turned away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami