Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Hi Elfy, I did consider moving it to the Miami forum at first, BUT he's asking the rest of Florida for their thoughts about Miami and I figured it'd be better seen by leaving it on the whole Florida board.
Hi Jammie! You're the mod for the FL forum?! Cool! (Or do you guys not have assigned forums?)
But, "my bad" - I didn't get the asking FL about Miami thing...
I see Miami, I jump in to defend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 AM

134 posts, read 600,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Miami is a great city for those who like that type of atmosphere, but I rather stay away on the small cities with less people and less crime. I have visited Miami many times on business and family trips and is not for me. NBC news reported today that crime increased 43% since 2004, Orlando over 100% so I rather stay away and enjoy the small town.
I also saw/heard that on Anderson Cooper the other night. Stunning. Guess that is why some of us are searching for a small town and trying to figure out how to make it work out, no matter what.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
I like Miami - we just came back from having lunch at Versailles - a great Cuban restaurant in Little Havana. We live in west Broward near 1-75 and find ourselves in Miami every so often.

When I have to go for business I make certain that my appointments don't last beyond 3:00 because of traffic.

I find some of the remarks others have made rather odd - I used to live in Miami and have been to some tough areas and never had a problem - maybe I was just lucky.
You really think Versailles is a "great" Cuban resataurant? In my native opinion it is on my list of once "was."

Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissblessed1 View Post
I also saw/heard that on Anderson Cooper the other night. Stunning. Guess that is why some of us are searching for a small town and trying to figure out how to make it work out, no matter what.
Small towns are for some the future of Florida If you want to avoid the large metro areas. The northern part of the state (east, central,and west) offers such flexibility and land is avaiable. On my way back from St Augustine many signs are now posted on I-10 for large acres for sale, some are 240 plus. They are commercial or agriculture. Evaluate early and make a decision that you will enjoy for the rest of your life....

Old 03-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
Small towns are for some the future of Florida If you want to avoid the large metro areas. The northern part of the state (east, central,and west) offers such flexibility and land is avaiable. On my way back from St Augustine many signs are now posted on I-10 for large acres for sale, some are 240 plus. They are commercial or agriculture. Evaluate early and make a decision that you will enjoy for the rest of your life....
Sunrico..you never did reveal that secret place you went to last weekend>
Did you mean St. Augustine? I guess it won't be a secret if you respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami