U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 82,339 times
Default Richest communities

Can anyone informe me which are the richest areas in Florida. I would like to open a food business and I need advice on the towns since I am from New York. I hear about Wellington, Weston. Any other advice?
I will appreciate it. (If you want to know why Iím looking for a rich area..well is because I need to invest in a place where I can make money :-)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 01:32 PM

930 posts, read 76,206 times
the richest areas are inside gated communities where you can only get to if you have alot of connections or alot of money. the rich basically live in isolated worlds here.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 PM

458 posts, read 37,942 times
There are many wealthy areas in Florida. Naples, Jupiter, Parkland, Tequesta, parts of Boca Raton and Miami to name a few.

And yes, the wealthy do actually leave their gated communities...every, single day. They shop, eat out, go to their businesses, go to their country clubs, etc.

And there is this little thing known as the internet...another way of reaching the wealthy in their "isolated worlds".

Wow, some of the posts on this forum crack me up!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM

6,424 posts, read 12,744,048 times
Coral Gables, Pinecrest, Bal Harbour, Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Jupiter,

Old 03-12-2007, 03:50 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,606,632 times
For a commercial area that serves the wealthy residents, check out Key Biscayne, South Miami, Coral Gables and Aventura.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 PM

202 posts, read 683,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
Can anyone informe me which are the richest areas in Florida. I would like to open a food business and I need advice on the towns since I am from New York. I hear about Wellington, Weston. Any other advice?
I will appreciate it. (If you want to know why I’m looking for a rich area..well is because I need to invest in a place where I can make money :-)))
There are plenty of "wealthy " areas in Florida , but since this is the Miami forum I will focus on South East and South West Florida .... Aventura , Bal Harbour , Coral Gables , Gables Estates , Pine Crest , Weston , Parkland , Boca Raton , Palm Beach , Naples , Marco Island , Key Biscayne , Sarasota , etc , etc .... Moderator cut: unnessesary comment

Old 03-13-2007, 11:57 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,178,337 times
what kind of restaurant? what kind of food? These rich people down here are picky and won't just eat anything.

one of the most exclusive areas to live is Indian Creek Island. There are only about 30 homes on the island along with the Indian Creek Country Club. I imagine most of the people there hire chefs to come in to the house and prepare meals.

Last edited by Jon F Moss; 03-13-2007 at 12:25 PM..

Old 03-24-2007, 05:59 PM

134 posts, read 439,074 times
there are no decent restaurants on the key...TRUST ME
used to be, The English Pub, The Sandbar, Vernon's Drugstore.
Forget breakfast here....
best bar and restaruants are your homes or your friends home.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:49 AM

166 posts, read 695,899 times
Boca Raton. My husband works there, and he gets paid very well. He makes a lot of money. If your looking for money and a safe community, Boca is the place.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 AM

14,667 posts, read 15,916,054 times
I concur with everyone above. In Palm Beach County, the richest communities are Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington, Palm Beach, and Boca Raton.

Palm Beach Gardens is exploding in retail and speciality shops right now in their downtown area, and the Gardens mall there has one of only three Chanel stores in the entire State if it's any indication of how corporations view the future of high end retailing in Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami