Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM

640 posts, read 1,822,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I am confused as to what is the roads. Is that the area along coral way west of 95?
Yes, just west of Brickell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 PM

108 posts, read 415,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by precisio View Post
Do you still miss BVc?
Howdy! Nope! Axe-chwally, my ex lived there for 8 years and doesn't have a singl;e friend from Vancouver. It was socially chilly there. Pretty, though.

Now Eugene Orygun is another matter...but better to not look backward. Moderator cut: English Only

DR

Last edited by doggiebus; 02-11-2010 at 08:00 PM..

Old 03-05-2009, 03:38 PM

24 posts, read 92,690 times
I have to totally agree with this post. I absolutely love Miami. I love that sticky tropical heat. The nights when the sunset lives up to the cliche and turn everything orange and pink. Sweating late into night. The summer rain storms with the big round drops. Lounging next to or in the calm light-blue waters of the beaches on the weekends. The diversity of people here. So many people on this forum complain that people speak spanish in miami.... Why don't they just learn a little Spanish? Nothing impresses a Latina more than a gringo who can speak a little spanish and bust some merengue moves on the dance floor. I even love the infamous Miami Airport. Seeing people from Europe and South America coming and going. When I ever I drop someone off I end up getting a coffee and do a little people watching.

To me this city would be perfect if it improved and expanded the public transportation. Perhaps metro rails that led over the intercoastals to the beaches. 4 or 5 crossings strategically placed from south beach up to Fort Lauderdale. Yes I know that would be a very costly endeavor, but not having to drive everywhere would make this place perfect in my eyes. And the bus system on the beach is the only place it really works well. I know they are expanding the Metro Rail north to Dolphin Stadium and west to FIU. But going across the bay would be the winner.

I dunno. I am 26 years old and have been here since I was 19. I feel like I need to leave and go somewhere else while I am still young enough and not tied down to any real responsibilities...just to explore the world more. But, I just feel like I have already found my paradise. No matter where I go to visit, I may have a great time but there is nothing like coming home and feeling that hot Miami breeze when I get off the plane. Or seeing those palm trees rustling in the wind. Is that wrong do you think? To be so settled at 26? Well I need to decide with in the next month- whether or not to accept a job in California. Perhaps I will flip a coin. Anyways, great post. Me encanta Miami

Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM

3 posts, read 4,447 times
Default kayak?

Dr. Rico,

I also just transplanted from the West and also bought a kayak to help the transition until I learn to sail or something. I laughed out loud when I saw your post! But, the marina at my condo won't let me keep my kayak there or launch there. Are there any parks or marinas you use to launch your kayak from? I don't care if there is a cost. So far I have gone twice from a canal off the bay in South Beach. I hope I can be as happy as you someday!

Thanks

Old 03-03-2010, 02:32 PM

14 posts, read 57,143 times
I moved from Orlando to Miami and had a hard time at first as well. I would say it took me about 2 yrs to adjust. But all the points you brought out are so true. Once you recognize and grow to appreciate it's beauties you fall in love with the city in no time. I love it now and don't see myself moving from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami