Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:34 PM

261 posts, read 703,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I have also. But you can drive through Southside Chicago, Compton CA, Bed-Stuy Brooklyn, 3rd Ward NO, ect, ect without getting shot. Heck we drove through Southeast Washington DC at 12:30AM without getting shot. If you're not involved in drug dealing or gangs in MOST of Americas dangerous cities, then you're not gonna be targeted as much. It doesn't necessarily make Carol City and Opa-Locka SAFE. And I TOTALLY agree about the triangle.
Geez...and I was planning to take the fam for a sleepover vaycay in the triangle this winter...oh well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs08 View Post
Geez...and I was planning to take the fam for a sleepover vaycay in the triangle this winter...oh well
LOL. You might have to cancel that trip.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 AM

5 posts, read 11,881 times
My opinion should count a bit because I grew up there. Well, it all depends.... will she be raising a family or is she older and alone. I doent suggest living there unless she has no alternative. The sourrounding areas are somewhat OK though going only North into Broward county or South West into Miami Lakes. A little more exspensive but worth it for a single female not used t the areas crime.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,428 times
look, im white (hispanic) n i live on miami gardens drive n ive lived in hialeah, allapattah, n miami lakes. i go to school on 27th avenue in opa locka. i drive thru carol city everyday. i shop at carol mart. everywhere u go u can get robbed or beat up or shot. anywhere u go u can walk down the street and not have anything happen to u. point being if u dont **** wit anybody u wont get ****ed wit. jus dont ride around flossin like u better than any1 or dealin drugs n u will b good. (p.s. i only mentioned that im white bcuz most of the areas mentioned r mostly black neighborhoods n for some reason people hav a presumption that race matters. we dont c colors down here.)

Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 PM

9 posts, read 23,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz-E View Post
look, im white (hispanic) n i live on miami gardens drive n ive lived in hialeah, allapattah, n miami lakes. i go to school on 27th avenue in opa locka. i drive thru carol city everyday. i shop at carol mart. everywhere u go u can get robbed or beat up or shot. anywhere u go u can walk down the street and not have anything happen to u. point being if u dont **** wit anybody u wont get ****ed wit. jus dont ride around flossin like u better than any1 or dealin drugs n u will b good. (p.s. i only mentioned that im white bcuz most of the areas mentioned r mostly black neighborhoods n for some reason people hav a presumption that race matters. we dont c colors down here.)

Old 06-03-2012, 07:38 AM

367 posts, read 940,699 times
The least amount of crime is found in the 33169 zip code of Miami Gardens and this is the more upscale part of the city ...in the Norland/Andover areas. 33056 and 33055 have the most crime but aren't that bad IMO.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:12 AM

18 posts, read 37,181 times
Sorry Miami Gardens is a bad area

Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
I'm a 23 year old woman and lived about 5 minutes from Miami Gardens in Aventura/NMB border for 5 years.

I never though Miami Gardens was unsafe, maybe late at night it's best to use some good judgement ie: don't walk by yourself hammered or with flashy purse.

It's also not as "pretty" as Aventura. The houses are older and smaller and people park on their lawns once you get into side streets.

There is a large Orthodox Jewish population in Miami Gardens. My main problem would be the traffic! It's bad out there.

There is the famous Tootsies Strip Club there which is sort of a turn-off. A warehouse sized strip club that is known as more of a brothel. I know many strippers that live in Sunny Isles Beach and Tootsies is known as the brothel out of the plethora of strip clubs down here.

Because of the high volume they get, there is a good chance Miami Gardens Drive is full of drunk drivers at night as well

Maybe stick to Sunny Isles or Aventura if its in her budget

Old 06-19-2012, 07:56 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiz-E View Post
Was this English?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:48 AM

2,226 posts, read 3,853,353 times
It was a dialect, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami