Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,634,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agradigrach View Post
How about areas in north Miami such as Biscayne park and the surrounding or areas around the MIA airport ?
I would not recommend the North Miami / Biscayne Park area; it is not known for having good schools. If you wish to live close to Miami International Airport, consider Miami Springs and Doral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 06:51 PM

763 posts, read 3,521,816 times
Miami Springs, Fontainebleau and Doral are all nice areas to live near the airport.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,657,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkagy View Post
Miami Springs, Fontainebleau and Doral are all nice areas to live near the airport.
Miami Springs is the only one of them that's close to "nice". Fontainebleau is a collection of run-down condos built around a now destroyed golf course. Ugly and very third world. There's a good section south of Flagler, from 87 ave to the Palmetto though. Traffic is awful at times. Doral is a total disaster, an overpriced cookie-cutter suburb with no redeeming qualities. Miami Springs is nice to look at, but has some speedtraps and somewhat corrupt code enforcement to deal with. Hialeah is dumpy but getting more affordable it seems. .

Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,856,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Miami Springs is the only one of them that's close to "nice". Fontainebleau is a collection of run-down condos built around a now destroyed golf course. Ugly and very third world. There's a good section south of Flagler, from 87 ave to the Palmetto though. Traffic is awful at times. Doral is a total disaster, an overpriced cookie-cutter suburb with no redeeming qualities. Miami Springs is nice to look at, but has some speedtraps and somewhat corrupt code enforcement to deal with. Hialeah is dumpy but getting more affordable it seems. .

Lol Fountainblue is alright ill admit it does look a bit third world kind of like a barrio but thats only because the destroyed the golf course and tore down the mobil home area there are some middle/ lower middle class houses in the area where i live myself its alright your completely west of downtown only like 20min drive i think its around 15 miles not really sure though I gotta agree with the rest of your post though Doral is WAYY over priced for what its worth hialeah is also too expensive for what its worth... and as for miami springs the prices there are outrages just move somewhere in west miami(ie fountainblue, sweetwater, west miami, unincorperated dade heck even parts of little havanna are nice) or south miami(just south miami lol avoid south miami heights etc).

Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,284,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It is always nice to read how horrible miami is right before I go out to go rollerblading and grab a drink on the best beach in the US...
Florida has some very nice beaches but Miami Beach is not even in the top 20.
Justto name a few that blow crappy Miami Beach away:

Panama City Beach
Clearwater Beach
Fort Walton Beach
Fort Myers
Cocoa Beach
Siesta Key
Daytona Beach.
Hutchinson Island
Fernandina Beach
Marco Island
Sanibel Island

Old 04-14-2009, 04:29 PM

10 posts, read 26,711 times
So broken down by parts of the city, what are the good reasonably priced neighborhoods in north south and west Miami ?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,856,863 times
Quote:
So broken down by parts of the city, what are the good reasonably priced neighborhoods in north south and west Miami ?
Directly West or a bit southwest... and south... with that being said dont move too south or northwest too much

Old 04-16-2009, 09:51 PM

10 posts, read 26,711 times
I've heard if you don't speak Spanish it's very hard living in Miami.... is it going to be hard not speaking spanish in miami ??

Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,817,718 times
Quote:
I've heard if you don't speak Spanish it's very hard living in Miami.... is it going to be hard not speaking spanish in miami ??
I believe it could really be a pain in the ass. My brother and friends came down here for a vacation and loved it, but said they wouldn't be able to take it if they didn't have me translating the whole time.

I'm not saying it is impossible, but i think it would get annoying after a while. For me, it is what makes Miami great.. for a lot of people it is what makes them run. If you move here, maybe try learning, its a lot of fun and you can really learn fast living here, its about as effective as moving to a foreign country to learn

Old 04-26-2009, 05:25 PM

18 posts, read 80,745 times
Look into South Miami....East of US1, if you can afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami