Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM

80 posts, read 177,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Get educated- pit bulls are completely banned in Miami-Dade County.
Oh, thank you for the head's up Professor. Then I am sure that all pitbulls in Miami-Dade county are gone, right? Surely nobody still has one, cause it's against the law in Miami (yeaahhhh.... right. See article below). Besides I said the plan probably wouldn't have been in place if it werent for all the people that buy their beloved pitbulls or any other type of dog to have it sit in the heat and humidity, or sitting in the garage all day. What kind of life for a dog is that anyway?

(FL - US) Pit bulls being dumped after Miami-Dade ban
"Despite Miami-Dade's ban, Daye says he receives calls every day from people
who say they have spotted a pit bull. There are many pit bull mixes and
officials must determine if the dog meets the breed's characteristics. If the dog is
labeled a pit bull, the owner is cited with a $500 fine and given 48 hours to
take the dog out of the county."

Last edited by Rae the Chef; 04-01-2009 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 PM

710 posts, read 2,233,399 times
2 issues here, tethering your dog at your property and tethering your dog in public while inside a store. THAT has been banned in many places.
Seems kids like to pet dogs and for the reasons mentioned, the dogs are stressed at being in a strange place. I don't remember the statistic, but dogs were WAY WAY more likely to bite in these situations.

Not allowing you to lock your dog on a chain while not home? Yeah, I don't see the point of that one.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:46 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,363,340 times
The problem is not tethering the dog up in your yard. The problem is for those morons who tie the thing up in public and walk off, leaving the dog enough room to bite someone if it feels like it. Saves me bullets, because if a dog bites me while tethered or roaming about, it equal me putting fluffly's brains on the side walk.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:29 PM

177 posts, read 571,064 times
I saw 2 dogs tied up in different locations, one outside this taco place on alton in south beach and another by the beach around 79st. I wonder if cops are actually enforcing this, is the city that desperate for revenue that a cop would sit there all day until the owner returns for their pooch? and are they allowed to call animal control now and confiscate the animal if the owner sees the cop but waits nearby until the cop leaves?

Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleman305 View Post
is the city that desperate for revenue that a cop would sit there all day until the owner returns for their pooch?
I figured that the cop would just stick the ticket on the dog like they do for cars that are parked illegally. I can see the defense in court, "Your honor the dog ate my homework, er I mean the ticket".

Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 PM

177 posts, read 571,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I figured that the cop would just stick the ticket on the dog like they do for cars that are parked illegally. I can see the defense in court, "Your honor the dog ate my homework, er I mean the ticket".
HAHAHA or they could also force the dog to paythe fine if the owner doesnt show up. 50 hours of community service as a volunteer seeing eye dog would more than cover it.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:58 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Maybe the Dept of tourism just figures this will be a great way to pump up the drama and drive up the ratings on Animal Cops - Miami thus increase Miami's national profile!! Haha! You think I'm joking? I moved to Miami in 1986 to get me some Miami Vice! And thank you Miami, you didn't let me down.

Hey if you don't drama, there's always Topeka! (haha!)

Old 04-03-2009, 01:01 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Yeah but the pitfall to this is what if someone steals the dog? Then how will Dade get the money? Or worse, what if they steal the fence is tied to?

I LOVE Miami!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:13 AM

80 posts, read 177,097 times
Or perhaps this is a reason why we have such laws?

"The St. Pete Times reports that according to Pet-Abuse.com's datatabase, Florida led the nation in the number of animal cruelty cases" - www.floridaanimallaw.com/2008/03/hillsborough-leads-state-in-number-of.html - 122k

Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
there is a $500 fine if your dog takes a crap too. lol it is almost time to consider where to move to other than miami here in my beloved florida. it might be moorehaven here I come if this town keeps getting whackier.
I will see you there, I am moving to Labelle it seems. Miami-Dade county is all about $$$$, that's it. You get a fine, then can go to kangaroo court and explain to crooks like David Abrams why you do not deserve such an extreme fine. They don't even have to worry that you can lose because the appeals process is rigged to just take your money and give no justice. Personally a friend's dad who owns a local roofing tile factory is leaving the area due to corruption from Team Metro/ Miami dade professional regulation dept and a general lack of quality employees.

Miami-Dade can hope that it gets tax money from the feds because there will be no more local manufacturing left to support that screwed up county. Perhaps the Chinese will buy its real estate as a money pit "investment". Otherwise the county can write tickets for dog leashing and put stop signs on every corner to give the police department more opportunities for revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: