Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 02:09 AM

549 posts, read 1,665,188 times

Advertisements

AIDS statistics by Florida Counties...

Florida Resources - Florida HIV Resources - Florida HIV Statistics

AIDS Cases - Major Cities - Dec 2006
  • Cape Coral/Fort Myers - 1,716 (15.9 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Jacksonville - 6,095 (24.6 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Lakeland - 1,832 (19.9 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Miami - 56,804 (41.9 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Orlando - 8,745 (26.0 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Palm Bay/Melbourne/Titusville - 1,523 (11.4 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Sarasota/Bradenton/Venice - 2,005 (15.2 cases per 100,000 people)
  • Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater - 11,286 - (22.4 cases per 100,000 people)
Total Living with HIV (not AIDS) 2006 - 35,723
Total Living With AIDS 2006 - 46,663

AIDS statistics by cities...

AIDS & HIV statistics for the USA by state and city

"New York has accounted for around a fifth of all cases, with Los Angeles (60,583 cases), and Miami (58,554) also providing substantial numbers.
In 2007, the highest rates of new AIDS diagnoses were in Miami (33.1 per 100,000 people), New Orleans (31.5), Baton Rouge (31.4) and Washington (30.5)."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to our laws... http://www.aidsmap.com/en/docs/C92D5639-E779-44EC-B8F8-0CECCC23275A.asp

"United States of America
In principle, the USA refuses entry to foreign nationals known to be HIV positive. In exceptional cases, a stay of 30 days may be granted (for family visits, medical treatment, business travel or participation in a scientific, health-related conference).
HIV testing or a medical exam are not required. In the visa application form, the applicant has to say if he/she has a “communicable disease of public health significance”. (People are so honest...Geezzzz) The visa will be denied if this is the case. An applicant who answers “no” despite better knowledge commits an immigration fraud, which leads to immigration prohibition.
HIV-positive foreign nationals lose their right to remain in the USA and are expelled if their status becomes known."

Thank the many HIV infected tourists who visit Miami and have unprotected sex or do drugs (needle sharing..etc).

I wish there was a way for our immigration officers at the airport to recognize the HIV infected and block their entry.

Many of the HIV infected people don`t know they are HIV positive and some HIV + people can live for many years without showing any physical symptoms of being infected...and by the time they realize they are HIV+, they have already infected his/her significant or their siblings, parents, grandparents, friends, even the freacking maid or the driver.... etc etc etc....

Last edited by Eduardo983; 04-20-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 03:05 PM

428 posts, read 1,396,201 times
Eduardo, I am not sure what is the point of your post but I am going to assume you want to educate.

I dont know a lot about this subject. However, being gay myself, I can tell you that the issue with HIV is not foreing nationals coming here and spreading the disease. It takes two to tango. And I know that many americans in the gay community have risky sexual behaviours and there is a lot of drug consumption. So I dont truly understand your comments:

Thank the many HIV infected tourists who visit Miami and have unprotected sex or do drugs (needle sharing..etc).

I wish there was a way for our immigration officers at the airport to recognize the HIV infected and block their entry.

We (straight, gay, male, female, americans, non americans, etc) need to take responsibility of our actions. Because this disease has no boundaries.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:10 PM

478 posts, read 1,325,097 times
Miami & Fort Lauderdale

Care Resource is Florida's one source for HIV/AIDS treatment: at Careresource.org (http://www.careresource.org/stats.html - broken link)
"The Miami metropolitan area has the highest AIDS rates in the nation (52.8), followed by Ft. Lauderdale metropolitan area (45.8), and New York (45.4)."

Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 PM

34 posts, read 85,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
...and by the time they realize they are HIV+, they have already infected his/her significant or their siblings, parents, grandparents, friends, even the freacking maid or the driver.... etc etc etc....
I suppose this could be true assuming the person was having unprotected sex with his or her maid and driver. Barring that, it's not particularly likely. Unless of course they were all sharing needles, but I'm just going to go ahead and assume that a guy or girl who can afford a maid and a driver would not be shooting up with the help. Just a theory, though. Call me crazy.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:00 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,609,384 times
Ft. Lauderdale is even worse than Miami. I remember reading an article somewhere that Ft. Lauderdale was cracking down on the epidemic of homosexuals using the public restrooms throughout the city to commit sex acts, especially on the beach. There was quite a serious response by the police to curb the perverted and improper use of these public facilities, and I remember they clearly singled out homosexuals in their campaign.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,637 times
This should come as a surprise to no one. There are many threads here talking about how great Miami is for singles (translation: come to Miami because its easy to get laid) and how miami is a party town (translation: easy to get drugs). Who wouldn't think that casual sex and drug use would lead to high rates of HIV? You reap what you sow.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 PM

478 posts, read 1,325,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Ft. Lauderdale is even worse than Miami. I remember reading an article somewhere that Ft. Lauderdale was cracking down on the epidemic of homosexuals using the public restrooms throughout the city to commit sex acts, especially on the beach. There was quite a serious response by the police to curb the perverted and improper use of these public facilities, and I remember they clearly singled out homosexuals in their campaign.
I have seen parks where this crap is common. I swear, it's like FL attracts all the morons and disgusting perverts. I would literally beat the crap out of a man if I saw this in a park and I had one of my kids with me. On the news, it was happening, and one cop said gays were meeting for casual sex and doing it 5 feet from the sidewalk where kids were playing. Purely disgusting filth. I NEVER heard about this stuff in Asheville where I lived for a large part of my life. I moved back to FL and I tell you waht, this isnt the FL I remember growing up in, I tell ya.

It seems like the last 10 yrs, the number of perverts, criminals and transients has doubled.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,831 times
Sodomites should burn at the hickory stake after their conversion to the True Faith.
Torquemada, where are you!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Sodomites should burn at the hickory stake after their conversion to the True Faith.
Torquemada, where are you!!!
Dude, for real?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,286 times
When I go into public bathrooms I look for Senators, Actors Singers and Priests. If I see one I immediately leave. What you have to do in those places is go in, don't utter a sound, do your business and leave. If you notice someone looking at your thing while you are peeing turn to them and ask them what they are doing without breaking stream. Actually that is bad advice since some people have neck issues and can't get their heads in a normal position. Oh and take that 3 year old condom out of your wallet as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami