Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 7,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyGit View Post
Just to keep you all posted. I did find a very good company to deal with and also found a lot of information, some of which I thought I'd share. I called a number of companies, from large to small and got estimates that were from 800 - 1600; which led me to have more questions than answers. First off the cost is based on amount of cubic feet that need to be treated with Vikane gas (which they all use now). So measurement is paramount; Jack up the cubic feet and jack up the price. Measurements ranged from 23k to 28k cubic feet - big difference. Also, through a friend of mine, I went to meet a very nice old gentleman, PhD in Entomology, who retired to open his own fumigation company. I went to meet him on a job site and when I got there I was surprised to see an Orkin sign on the Tarp. I met him again the next day and saw a Truly Nolan sign... so I asked. Turns our, his company does the work for many of the bigger companies that are advertised. His price for my property was about 50% less than the other companies that gave me estimates. He also cane to my home and really knew his stuff. Dealing with a PhD (past university professor) was much more informational than any of the other "salesmen" that came to my house. His knowledge was apparent and the cost saving was huge. I would just encourage anyone to really do their homework on this matter - as apparently 'tis the season for termites. I was also informed that, unless you are going to be selling your home in the fairly near future, the home warantee is almost never cost effective. Usually you will need to retarp in 8-10 years - 6 years of warantee costs is usually equivelent to a retarping. So give that some good thought before you commit. For me Quality Fumigators gave me an abundance of information and nice cost effective alternative to the big three.

Could you give information about this wonderful person....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
We just had our house done for termite and they did an excellent job. We have s barrel roofing and were worried about busted tiles so we were very pleased when there was no broken tiles. We got quotes a lot higher from everyone else, around 1200 to 1400 ( because of the screened in pool area) this company charged us 800 and the owner of the company showed up personally to over see his workers.

Already four other family members have used him and they were pleased as well.

Extreme professional pest control ask for Rolando Gil, and yes he speaks perfect English.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:24 PM
nmn

1 posts, read 1,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
We just had our house done for termite and they did an excellent job. We have s barrel roofing and were worried about busted tiles so we were very pleased when there was no broken tiles. We got quotes a lot higher from everyone else, around 1200 to 1400 ( because of the screened in pool area) this company charged us 800 and the owner of the company showed up personally to over see his workers.

Already four other family members have used him and they were pleased as well.

Extreme professional pest control ask for Rolando Gil, and yes he speaks perfect English.
What is the name of the company you used for this service?

Old 08-23-2013, 06:19 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,744,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmn View Post
What is the name of the company you used for this service?
Extreme pest control is their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: