U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 10:12 PM

18 posts, read 68,594 times

Advertisements

I am interested in Miami Shores and Biscayne Park. Are some parts of these neighborhoods better than others? If so, which areas? What type of crime/nuisance do you have to put up with? How is the Miami Shores area around Barry University?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 10:38 AM

8,376 posts, read 28,739,532 times
Biscayne Park is quiet (even sleepy) and very light on violent crime, Miami Shores has more robberies and violent crime along US1. My biggest concern in that area would be burglaries, especially Miami Shores.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:15 PM

21 posts, read 51,143 times
The area around Barry is very nice. Barry is a wonderful university. I live in Biscayne Park.beautiful area, GREAT strong police department. Anything north of 121st street is a swill hole though...especially around 6th ave. The "bad" (crime) does seep in though. I travel north and south on 95 or Biscayne Blvd.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM

313 posts, read 663,213 times
I live in Biscayne Park and also own property in Miami Shores. Both cities are great to live in. Miami Shores has higher end homes so there are more robberies than in Biscayne Park. Biscayne Park does have a strong Police presence because of its proximty to 2 high crime areas. Miami Shores though has its own business district and has more amenities.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:09 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,378,495 times
Miami Shores is bad in some places and nice in others. It's right near North Miami, though, which tends to be bad, from my experience.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM

139 posts, read 234,329 times
I've been looking at houses in this area recently. My impression is that in a very general sense you don't want to be near the southern or northern boundaries of Miami Shores (especially southern boundary). It actually looked as if there were housing projects along park lane to the southwest of NE 6th Ave as you enter Miami Shores. On the N. side, if you take NE 2nd Ave. N. of Barry and then veer NE on W. Dixie Hwy, the neighborhood seemed to go downhill very quickly. Of course you will be better off closer to the water. Probably ideal to keep it east of NE 6th Ave and east of Biscayne if possible and maybe between 96th St and 103/104 St. The southern end of Miami Shores near the mall area on the east side of Biscayne seems to have a bunch of older apartments that aren't particularly aesthetically pleasing.

I hope this ramble is helpful, just my initial impression from driving around. I'm sure others can provide a bit more color/detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami