Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,052 times

Advertisements

If I were him, I'd be exploring Barcelona, taking hundreds of shots of all that wonderful Gaudi architecture, or enjoying a walk on Las Ramblas. And if I got bored of that, I'd take a train to Madrid or Valencia, or I'd cross the border to Southern France and the Pyrenees Mountains, which are practically on his doorstep by US standards

But hey...I'm bored here in Miami, so I have an excuse for posting a lot.

Leo, do you want to trade places?
----------

I hate Gaudi, Ramblas are a dangerous place. I've been to those places that you mention 100 times. I don't see anything interesting in any of those places.

I guess that many people here would trade places with you.

When we travel, we travel to Third World countries.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:44 AM

So (by your logic), if I moved to New Jersey tomorrow, I'd need to learn Italian?
-----------

Well, if they are the ones that cut the beef, why not?
I love Italian.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 AM

I have to get back to Barcelona one day....it really is a great city. Not only that, but if you're bored of Barcelona, you have so much on your doorstep, i.e. the rest of Spain and Europe. I think that Leo & I should trade places....
----------

You find all those places interesting because you don't live here. We are tired of all those places. After seeing 400 Cathedrals, 500 monumental towns, eating in 400 fake regional restaurants and eternally fleeing from Sunday Drivers and tourists -that destroy everything, there's nothing interesting in this overpopulated part of the world. Museums you say...man, we live in a Museum...we are pieces of a museum.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 05-16-2009 at 10:17 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 10:01 AM

So you got what you wanted from your politicialns in Miami. Dirty 1980's money, and illiterate, radical, Anti American third world behaviors including REFUSAL to even act like they're in the USA. Not to mention the "infighting" drama of which Hispanic group is "smarter, whiter, more educated, more lazy or not, has more Euro blood, worthy" and all the nonsense that goes on in that demographic.

--------

Believe me, if Greeks would ever control a large city in the US, they would behave exactly like Cubans.
They would be speaking modern Greek and Classical Greek.
By the way, I love everything Greek, but a Greek can't be an Anglo. I find that preposterous, you are the cradle of civilization, why do you choose barbardom?.
Of course, nobody talks to you in English in Miami, you are Greek.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 05-16-2009 at 10:23 AM..

Old 05-16-2009, 10:07 AM

Yet why is it that no other group of people (Chinese, Italian, French, Haitian, whatever) try to force their language on everyone else? See, that's the problem I have with a lot of people in Miami.
---------------

Hispanics don't force you to speak Spanish.
But Spaniards do. There're 300 Spanish Companies in South Florida and those companies want fully bilingual people since Miami lodges their headquarters of their Latin American operations.
So is the case with every European, Asian, American or Latin American corporation there.
You should complain to them.
You should complain to all the franchises that require Spanish.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM

569 posts, read 1,669,034 times
They don't learn English because they don't have to. They went one step further. They are making Americans learn and speak their language instead. Mighty nice of them don't you think?

Old 05-16-2009, 10:32 AM

Complain to BIG COMPANIES.
The Business of America is Business.
If Business wants Spanish, that's it.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 AM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
If I were him, I'd be exploring Barcelona, taking hundreds of shots of all that wonderful Gaudi architecture, or enjoying a walk on Las Ramblas. And if I got bored of that, I'd take a train to Madrid or Valencia, or I'd cross the border to Southern France and the Pyrenees Mountains, which are practically on his doorstep by US standards

But hey...I'm bored here in Miami, so I have an excuse for posting a lot.

Leo, do you want to trade places?
----------

I hate Gaudi, Ramblas are a dangerous place. I've been to those places that you mention 100 times. I don't see anything interesting in any of those places.

I guess that many people here would trade places with you.

When we travel, we travel to Third World countries.
Leo,

Every city in the world has dangerous parts, including Barcelona and Miami. The point I was trying to make is that I wouldn't be bored there. The Gaudi architecture is just one aspect of what I felt to be a very genuinely vibrant city and you have plenty of things on your doorstep that I'd love to have, i.e. scenery, wine growing areas, beautiful coastline and historical towns and cities. If that's not your thing, perhaps you'd be happier in Miami, hence the fact that I suggested trading places.

Nowhere on earth is anywhere near perfect, but it's all about finding the right match.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:38 AM

Ache

Yes, I watched "Balseros".
I was in Cuba at that time, I saw the rafters sailing from everywhere.
The documentary is filmed by the Catalan TV.
But there has been a shift, now the situation is different.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:48 AM

BCreass

After a certain time, you'd end up tired of making pics, tired of visiting wine cellars, cathedrals, overpopulated coastlines, tired of having to deal with the same stupidities of frogs (I'm sorry), etc, etc.

Gaudi, man, we hate Gaudi and we laugh our arse off when we see a "Tourist Bus" of Japanese taking pictures of La Pedrera or "La Sagrada Familia", that big alien ship. There are no people of Barcelona in Las Ramblas, only tourist, crooks, African whores, maroccan hashis and coke peddlers. Restaurants? Now you must shell 100 euros to eat in a decent restaurant.

Since the city became heavely touristic, after the Olimpics of 92, the city lost most of its attraction, the city was kidnapped by tourists. Of course, there are places quite intact, but few...

But before 1992 the city was dirty, familiar, no hotels, almost no tourist, but marvelous.

Spain was a magnificent place 30 years ago, when we were poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami