U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:51 AM
 
3,371 posts, read 6,913,923 times
Reputation: 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Crisp


I'm not Cuban, as Eduardo said, but Catalan.
I posted U.S Census data and an article extracted from the most important Hispanic publication in the U.S, but this South American went into rage.
He calls such information unreliable.
How could such a person teach at a Higher Learning Institution?
Nonsensical.
If he hated Cubans, he shold have migrated to Oklahoma or Oregon.
Oh, I know you're not Cuban. You've explained that your parents used to live in Cuba but that you are from Miami Playa near Tarragona.

 
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:55 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,909,550 times
Reputation: 369
I have family there, but I'm from Sitges (home of the Bacardi's).
We are a "Cuban Town".
We are known as the "Gay Capital of the World", but all gays are from other countries or towns.
We have a gay from every town in the world.
A "boutique town" expensive as hell.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 05-16-2009 at 11:31 AM..
 
Unread 05-16-2009, 10:56 AM
 
Location: The Shires
2,257 posts, read 542,470 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
BCreass

After a certain time, you'd end up tired of making pics, tired of visiting wine cellars, cathedrals, overpopulated coastlines, tired of having to deal with the same stupidities of frogs (I'm sorry), etc, etc.

Gaudi, man, we hate Gaudi and we laugh our arse off when we see a "Tourist Bus" of Japanese taking pictures of La Pedrera or "La Sagrada Familia", that big alien ship. There are no people of Barcelona in Las Ramblas, only tourist, crooks, African whores, maroccan hashis and coke peddlers. Restaurants? Now you must shell 100 euros to eat in a decent restaurant.

Since the city became heavely touristic, after the Olimpics of 92, the city lost most of its attraction, the city was kidnapped by tourists. Of course, there are places quite intact, but few...

But before 1992 the city was dirty, familiar, no hotels, almost no tourist, but marvelous.

Spain was a magnificent place 30 years ago, when we were poor.
Frogs? I'm half French BTW...

Yes, Barcelona has changed, but so has everywhere else, including Miami. Change is normal, change is natural.

Ok, so you hate Gaudi...many don't, including myself.
 
Unread 05-16-2009, 11:06 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,909,550 times
Reputation: 369
Bcreass

Well, around here we all came from France some 3 or 4 centuries ago since this entire region perished due to four consecutive plagues.

In fact, a third of this region (a country according our local politicians) is in France.

But, yes, Gaudi has never been very popular here, do you know that a tram killed him and people did not helped him when he was dying? They were against the Cathedral, Sagrada Familia.
 
Unread 05-16-2009, 12:00 PM
 
549 posts, read 1,022,989 times
Reputation: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post


I'm not Cuban, as Eduardo said, but Catalan.
I posted U.S Census data and an article extracted from the most important Hispanic publication in the U.S, but this South American went into rage.
He calls such information unreliable.
How could such a person teach at a Higher Learning Institution?
Nonsensical.
If he hated Cubans, he shold have migrated to Oklahoma or Oregon.



"I'm not Cuban, as Eduardo said, but Catalan"

We are not ignorants and of course you are Cuban. Maybe a dual citizen Cuban born-raised/naturalized Spanish. You always post propaganda about Cuba... you know everything about the island..and you have a fixation with Miami, and the island.

"I posted U.S Census data and an article extracted from the most important Hispanic publication in the U.S"

Ohh my god... I explained you this before... this is gonna be the third time. Your information is not trustworthy because you never posted one single U.S. Census weblink that leads us to the information you commented.

I am talking about a U.S. Census link... not an article.


Don`t you see that I supported my comments with a U.S. Census link...

http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/censr-18.pdf

... simple isn`t it?...this is how we do things in U.S... we support our comments with reliable, unbiased, and professional sources.


"but this South American went into rage"

I am a dual citizen U.S/Vzlan.

My mother is American, and my father Venezuelan.


How could such a person teach at a Higher Learning Institution?

I don`t teach at a higher learning institution. (This requires a masters degree and many years of experience)

I teach mathematics in a public middle school.

"If he hated Cubans"

I don`t hate Cubans, I dislike people like you who constantly write/type/say non sense BS about other citizens.

All my friends are Miamians (with different national backgrounds including Cubans).


I am trying to understand your "superior wannabe" mentality...

You are located in Spain... maybe you are not use to this type of social interaction between citizens with different national backgrounds.

Spanish can be very mean towards Cubans and other Americans, even towards immigrants that have 100% Spanish blood but don`t speak with the Spanish accent. I suppose they discriminated you as a child when you arrived there from Cuba. You are always trying to obtain approval/acceptance/validation by people in this forum... that could be a trauma that you inherited in your childhood.


You don`t have to type non realiable threads like "Cubans are the best in the world and the rest are garbage"

... this is not Spain.


"he shold have migrated to Oklahoma or Oregon."


I have the blood right to move to Spain and find out the reason why you keep posting Cuban threads in a Miami forum. That`s very weird for a "supposedly 100% born/raised/blooded Spanish National" that you claim to be.

And if you are not Cuban, can you please stop posting those threads. You are making Cubans look bad...






 
Unread 05-16-2009, 12:43 PM
 
Location: The Shires
2,257 posts, read 542,470 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Bcreass

Well, around here we all came from France some 3 or 4 centuries ago since this entire region perished due to four consecutive plagues.

In fact, a third of this region (a country according our local politicians) is in France.

But, yes, Gaudi has never been very popular here, do you know that a tram killed him and people did not helped him when he was dying? They were against the Cathedral, Sagrada Familia.
Leo, I'm not really half French...I was messing with you. I just didn't understand why you referred to the French people as "frogs" -- I mean, don't go saying that in France!

You don't like Gaudi, I do....like I said, each to their own. I guess you don't like Barcelona or Spain too much either. Would you prefer life in Miami? You say you're bored of Spain, the history, etc.....I'm not going to knock you for that, because by the same token, I don't appreciate people questioning me when I tell them that I find Miami to be boring (because I don't like clubs, bars, beaches and reggaeton).
 
Unread 05-16-2009, 02:47 PM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,909,550 times
Reputation: 369
BCreass


I love Spain and Barcelona, but after 30 years travelling to the same places all around Spain, southern France, Italy, England, believe me, you find the place boring.

No, I don't like Gaudi at all.

No, I'm not bored of history, I know more about history than many historians.

No, I don't like Miami. I live there until 1980.
 
Unread 05-16-2009, 03:01 PM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,909,550 times
Reputation: 369
Eduardo

I'm not Spanish. I'm Catalan.
I learned Spanish at school when I was 6 or 7 years old.
Catalan is my first language, Spanish my second language, French my third, English my fourth (I learned English when we moved to Miami in 1976) and German is my Fifth language.
My parents and all my family migrated to Cuba, but they returned in 1956-57.
A large part of my family lives in Cuba and Miami.
My youngest brother was born in Cuba. He came when he was 2 years old and he doesn't speak with a Cuban accent, in fact, he never speaks Spanish, he's in a politician in a separatist party (ERC).
My great-grandfather also went to Cuba because he had a "homegrown" merchant line here in Sitges (1870).
Hearsay in this town says he was a slave trader, really, I don't know.
I visit Cuba quite frequently, I've got family there and in Miami.
Oh, yes, I love everything Cuban.
In this town, Sitges, my family is no exception, most of the old families here have had a long standing relation with Cuba since the 18th Century.
And really, I believe you should return to Venezuela.
If you don't accept reliable US CENSUS INFORMATION, I think you should return to Venezuela and join Chavez ranks and his stupid crap, or you could move to someplace where deranged Venezuelans live.
You are really pestiferous.
But just one thing, if you hate Cubans so much, what the heck are you doing in Miami?
C'mon, try to create your own place out there, nobody needs you anywhere.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 05-16-2009 at 04:06 PM..
 
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:10 AM
 
549 posts, read 1,022,989 times
Reputation: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Eduardo

Get back to Venezuela.
Go and help Chavez, he needs people like you.



Chavez already has tons of revolutionary Cubans helping him.

And don`t worry... I always go there during holidays... it is great to visit Margarita island and see the beautiful Venezuelans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfQ7HL9NV8

Last edited by Eduardo983; 05-17-2009 at 01:55 AM..
 
Unread 05-17-2009, 01:47 AM
 
1,257 posts, read 1,909,550 times
Reputation: 369
I grow tired of this argument. I'm not in any way bashing Cubans, but I don't like the mentality that some of them have that they are "better" than every other immigrant. The fact is that through "wet foot, dry foot", Cubans have a free/easy pass into the United States, with no pre-entry credentials and no $$$ required, so it stands to reason that they're more likely to achieve success than their Mexican, Haitian and Colombian counterparts, don't you think?

--------
Bcreass

By that rule of thumb, don't you think that PR's would be the richest?
I mean, they have been part of the US since 1898, they have received all the grants, subsidies and financial aid there is and they don't pay Income Taxes.

What about Hispanics living in the West and Texas since those territories were invaded? They have been Americans longer than most Americans.

This is a pic of my hometown, not a big city, just 30 miles from BCN. Now we are starting to have good weather after 7 months of bad and cold weather. There are some tourists, quality tourists, not the bid crowds we receive during summer.Well, I'm going to the promenade to drink a "carajillo" and watch girls pass by. We have Top Less beaches and nudist beaches and five marinas.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Last edited by Leovigildo; 05-17-2009 at 02:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top