Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,811,532 times

Advertisements

Sad but way too true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:31 PM

71 posts, read 296,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
IF i remain in S. Florida the place i will move is downtown Miami. I like that it is a true urban environment. What i do not like is the lack of density as far as actual people living in those ghost towers. They are renting them out now but those rents are still WAY to high and unrealistic.
That is so true. The other day, I came across an advertisement, where a one-bedroom/one-bath unit (I don't remember the square-footage being mentioned) in one of those towers that the Metromover runs through (I think) was being rented out for $1700. Hello? I could probably rent a 3/2, single-family, detached house in a near-by surburb for the same price. Who, in this economy can afford that? I see folks paying that high a rent for such a unit in, say, Downtown, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Manhattan, and even Downtown, Los Angeles, but not Miami. Give me a break.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,425,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Florida, Texas, and California are States in America. In America, Our language is English.

If you want to talk about invaders, Let's ask the Seminole Indians what their opinions are of the mass numbers of Cubans, Puerto Ricans, and people from Argentina are.

I don't think anyone cares about the spanish language as long as you're a legal citizen.

It's even said in Mexican law that before anyone can become a legal citizen of Mexico that you MUST speak spanish. Lucky for the millions of illegals in their country that the U.S. doesn't require everyone to speak english.

-----------

There's no official language in the US.
The language of S.FLO is Spanish.
If you don't like it, take your dixie flag and make yourself scarce.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
angry Anglos who feel they are being marginalized feel the need to wax idiotic about how the place has been run into the ground. Never mind Miami was never anything to write home about to begin with. Heck it has come further in the last ten years than it ever did previously. Then you have the Latinos who come here who have inferiority complex who feel the need to pat themselves on the back about running Miami though it is the equivalent of a banana republic.

With that said, Miami does have tons of potential but they need to get their act together.
----------

Yes, once the stragglers finally disappear the place will improve, en español.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,313,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen477 View Post
That is so true. The other day, I came across an advertisement, where a one-bedroom/one-bath unit (I don't remember the square-footage being mentioned) in one of those towers that the Metromover runs through (I think) was being rented out for $1700. Hello? I could probably rent a 3/2, single-family, detached house in a near-by surburb for the same price. Who, in this economy can afford that? I see folks paying that high a rent for such a unit in, say, Downtown, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Manhattan, and even Downtown, Los Angeles, but not Miami. Give me a break.
Well the places you named Manhattan, San Fran etc they have jobs that will support those rents, Miami does not. Not only that, who the hell wants to live out a scene from 28 days later every day they come home from work? These builders and banks need to get real about what and what not to charge for rent. 800 for 1 bedroom is sensible give or take 150. Anything above that and they will continue to have HUGE vacancies.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 AM

1,344 posts, read 3,600,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
----------

Yes, once the stragglers finally disappear the place will improve, en español.
Usually Espanol and all the baggage it carries detracts or negatively effects an area. (See; white flight, lower paying jobs, corruption, poor schools, and the flight or downgrading of legitimate corporate/public institutions, including libraries, museums, and Fortune 500 companies.)

We are already witnessing these effects as we speak, and the more room we give up for Espanol, the more prevalent the above 'symptoms' become.

I know you like to hang your hat on Miami's residual real estate values, in light of white flight. Just think about how many people are losing their shirts (and their homes) in Miami over real estate values right now.... Homes are selling for half of what they were appraised for 3 years ago.... thanks to credito and foreign funny money!

Ayyy! Chimichanga!

Old 06-26-2009, 11:32 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,038,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post

Ayyy! Chimichanga!
Please speak English. Spanish is not allowed in this board. Also, let's stay on topic, This about real estate, not Spanish.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,254 times
I'm just happy that the greedy a__holes who are responsible for a $150,000 home becoming a $350,000 are now suffering. That's what you get for being greedy. I'm so happy. May the greedy a__holes die!

Old 06-28-2009, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Usually Espanol and all the baggage it carries detracts or negatively effects an area. (See; white flight, lower paying jobs, corruption, poor schools, and the flight or downgrading of legitimate corporate/public institutions, including libraries, museums, and Fortune 500 companies.)

We are already witnessing these effects as we speak, and the more room we give up for Espanol, the more prevalent the above 'symptoms' become.

I know you like to hang your hat on Miami's residual real estate values, in light of white flight. Just think about how many people are losing their shirts (and their homes) in Miami over real estate values right now.... Homes are selling for half of what they were appraised for 3 years ago.... thanks to credito and foreign funny money!

Ayyy! Chimichanga!

----------------

Cuba Libre

If all the Anglophone population in Miami were to leave DADE COUNTY right away, the following things would happen:

1. Crime rate would fall 80 per cent.
2. The price of Real Estate of areas formerly occupied by Anglophones would increase from 10 to 500 per cent.

Moderator cut: Off Topic/English Only

What Fortune 500 corporations are leaving Miami?
Hooeys's BBK? Hickory Paradise? Catfish Haven?

Last edited by doggiebus; 06-28-2009 at 08:06 AM..

Old 06-28-2009, 08:42 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,667,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
----------------

Cuba Libre

If all the Anglophone population in Miami were to leave DADE COUNTY right away, the following things would happen:

1. Crime rate would fall 80 per cent.
2. The price of Real Estate of areas formerly occupied by Anglophones would increase from 10 to 500 per cent.

Moderator cut: Off Topic/English Only

What Fortune 500 corporations are leaving Miami?
Hooeys's BBK? Hickory Paradise? Catfish Haven?
This has to be some kind of joke. Only someone under the influence of controlled substances would want real estate values to increase. High property prices are the warning signs of impending economic disaster. When will people learn this basic economic fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami