Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
All what you are saying is hypothetical and off base. If you are robbing a car you don't need to break glass. A pulley and a screw driver will do the trick and no, none of it is used to break glass. Where my Brooklyn crew at? Ya'll know how this is done! As for guns, I assure you as someone who ran the street when he was younger. You carry the "heat" incase someone tries to get brave heart on you while you are thiefing their stuff.
But in Brooklyn car burglars acutally tend to operate in gangs, in Miami car burglars tend to be crackheads/drug addicts, desperate immigrants operating individually, or groups of kids. Not saying there aren't burglary rings in Miami or the other way around but just the tendency. Also, if we are going to pull out the "hypothetical" term, you can't "rob" a car. You can intimidate a car all you want, you can point a gun at it, you can stab it, but it won't yield the goods. You have to burglarize it. And yes, I know a burglar might arm themselves for obvious reasons but a burglar is coming to break into your car and usually uses a tool (usually) other than a gun, not to mug/rob you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 01:21 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
But in Brooklyn car burglars acutally tend to operate in gangs, in Miami car burglars tend to be crackheads/drug addicts, desperate immigrants operating individually, or groups of kids. Not saying there aren't burglary rings in Miami or the other way around but just the tendency. Also, if we are going to pull out the "hypothetical" term, you can't "rob" a car. You can intimidate a car all you want, you can point a gun at it, you can stab it, but it won't yield the goods. You have to burglarize it. And yes, I know a burglar might arm themselves for obvious reasons but a burglar is coming to break into your car, not mug/rob you.

That was a classic response ..

Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,359,800 times
Quote:
But in Brooklyn car burglars acutally tend to operate in gangs, in Miami car burglars tend to be crackheads/drug addicts, desperate immigrants operating individually, or groups of kids. Not saying there aren't burglary rings in Miami or the other way around but just the tendency. Also, if we are going to pull out the "hypothetical" term, you can't "rob" a car. You can intimidate a car all you want, you can point a gun at it, you can stab it, but it won't yield the goods. You have to burglarize it. And yes, I know a burglar might arm themselves for obvious reasons but a burglar is coming to break into your car and usually uses a tool (usually) other than a gun, not to mug/rob you.
but that's not true. When I first moved down here they had reports every other week of car thief rings and chop shops. South Florida is one of the top spots for car theft and sending cars to latin america. also because of the tuner scene here its big business. Just google "car theft ring AND south florida"

As for what you said about guns and breaking into car I already stated why and when someone would have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
That was a classic response ..
might be classic, but none factual. Research

Old 07-01-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
but that's not true. When I first moved down here they had reports every other week of car thief rings and chop shops. South Florida is one of the top spots for car theft and sending cars to latin america. also because of the tuner scene here its big business. Just google "car theft ring AND south florida"

As for what you said about guns and breaking into car I already stated why and when someone would have one.
Those are car thieves, not car burglars. Completely different business. The topic was burglary. Car thief= steals the car. Car burglar= steals items inside the car. Also, auto theft has plummeted locally in the past couple years that I can prove that. The hot spot for car thieves at the moment is San Diego.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Those are car thieves, not car burglars.
ohhh i see. Don't know what we are talking about so we attempt to use word play *rolls eyes* just do some research. Tons of info out there.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
ohhh i see. Don't know what we are talking about so we attempt to use word play *rolls eyes* just do some research. Tons of info out there.
Yes, I am aware that Miami and Florida at large was a hotspot for chop shops (still is somewhat, especially Orlando) and it was even on Dateline a few years back, but again, the original topic of interest was burglary. That's not word play, burglary and grand theft auto are two different crimes. This was originally responding to a posters link of auto burglaries or "break ins", not auto thefts.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Yes they are different things. It's not a word play. They are right. Sorry.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:51 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
But in Brooklyn car burglars acutally tend to operate in gangs, in Miami car burglars tend to be crackheads/drug addicts, desperate immigrants operating individually, or groups of kids.
Funny you mention that. Two guys from Guatemala were found sleeping in the garbage room of my Brickell condo building. I was walking to the loading dock when I saw two City o' Miami police cars parked in the loading dock area.

The guys looked like bad news, probably high on drugs. I hope they are sent back to where they came from.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
We need to get back on the topic, which actually is about the murder rate in Miami.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, I am aware that Miami and Florida at large was a hotspot for chop shops (still is somewhat, especially Orlando) and it was even on Dateline a few years back, but again, the original topic of interest was burglary. That's not word play, burglary and grand theft auto are two different crimes. This was originally responding to a posters link of auto burglaries or "break ins", not auto thefts.
Your right it was about burglaries and it still stands that to think a burglar is not armed is rather presumptions/silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
We need to get back on the topic, which actually is about the murder rate in Miami.
Yes sorry for playing a part in the de-railing and to back up the OPs original claim link murder rate up in Dade by 23% in first quarter of '09
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami