U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-18-2007, 01:02 AM

4 posts, read 22,768 times
Default I want to move to Miami, Florida

I want to move to Miami, Florida but I am from Europe. I would like to know what should I do to live there. And of course if you advice me to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,027,711 times
here's the best way to do it:

1) look for a job first
2) find a place to live close to your job
3) buy a plane ticket to Miami and get to work!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:48 AM

4 posts, read 22,768 times
You say it like it is so easy...
I have to get a visa first because I don`t want to be a alien worker. And I understand that all the visas are finished. I will try to find a job. Does anybody knows if at the work shop of stained glass overlay is a a best place to find a job? Or if anyone knows anybody who can find me a job? On the internet I found only jobs for americans. They don`t accept if you are not from there. I understand them. But I need a chance.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM

2,078 posts, read 5,027,711 times
you need a compelling reason to move here.......like you should have for anywhere....

do you have a job waiting here?
do you have family/friends here?
did you hear God tell you to move here?

what's your motiviation? If I want to go to move to England and get a job, it's probably not going to happen. The best I could do is get a 6 month non-working visa.

I don't know anything about the stained glass industry. I bought my old girlfriend some classes to take for making stained glass down near Dadeland, but I don't think she ever used them. Hey, can I get my money back!!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 7,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamaria2202 View Post
I want to move to Miami, Florida but I am from Europe. I would like to know what should I do to live there. And of course if you advice me to do that.
Please can you let me asap

Old 03-02-2008, 02:31 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,603,012 times
Since 9\11 it is hard for countries or certain countries to obtain visas to come to this country.
The exchange rate is advantageous right now considering how cheap the dollar is and the Feds are looking to lower the interest rates. However, it all becomes relevant once you live here because you will need a good paying job that is commensurate to what it takes to make mortgage payments,insurance and property taxes unless you rent an apartment or a room and that is very expensive to say the least.
You can flip through the Miami Forum or go to Skyscrapercity.com to find what residential areas to live and not live in around Miami-Dade .

Old 03-29-2009, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 6,601 times
I will live and working in miami for A+Technician or for network+ but I'm from curacao.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 PM

640 posts, read 1,141,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamaria2202 View Post
The easiest way to go is to get a job at a company in your country (or in the EC) as an expatriate worker. There are a lot of Europeans working at European companies in the Miami area (I know this to be true; I work with some of them). The problem is that it's hard to get a job anywhere these days, and companies are more hesitant to pay the cost of home-grown staff overseas. Right now is not the easiest time to get a job overseas.

One very large Euorpean company is relocating their Miami office from Blue Lagoon Office Park to Jamaica.

On the other hand, you won't know unless you try. At the least, you'll learn a lot about the subject.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 AM

2 posts, read 7,007 times
I'm from the England UK!!! :-)
I'm only young i have family that live in the us i want to work here and live in Miami how to i go round it find a job first then get a visa or do you think i should go there for a few months explore then make a final move?......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami