Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:44 AM

142 posts, read 362,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
. In TX? Dont they have a lot of Mexicans that have lived there since Texas was part of Mexico? Or are they not as common in Dallas like they are in other Texan cities?
Yes, Mexicans are common all over Dallas, but my husband has only lived in the USA for 5 years, legal all the way. So, of course he has an accent. Since all the BS about Arizona and the "illegals" bla bla bla and the hate rhetoric spewed by the Tea Party folks like Sarah Palin and the like, the haters have become vocal and the stupid listen to their bullcrap. When he moved here in 2005 it was no where NEAR as bad as it is now. Some dude cuts him off in traffic, hubby gives him the bird, and the guy gets out of his car screaming "you f'in Mexican".. The right-wingnuts are making suburbia here in Texas hell on earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 07:20 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03 View Post
Yes, Mexicans are common all over Dallas, but my husband has only lived in the USA for 5 years, legal all the way. So, of course he has an accent. Since all the BS about Arizona and the "illegals" bla bla bla and the hate rhetoric spewed by the Tea Party folks like Sarah Palin and the like, the haters have become vocal and the stupid listen to their bullcrap. When he moved here in 2005 it was no where NEAR as bad as it is now. Some dude cuts him off in traffic, hubby gives him the bird, and the guy gets out of his car screaming "you f'in Mexican".. The right-wingnuts are making suburbia here in Texas hell on earth.
but you can get called that here too, just change Mexican for Cuban. I have been called the "s" word a couple of times here in Miami By white non Hispanics for stupid things that didn't merit the insult. Some people are racist and will use that terminology with any excuse. As long as you live in the USA you can expect that. I've been told many times to go back to Cuba LOL. I'm not Cuban but I'm sure they don't Know the difference and probably they can't even locate the USA on a world map.

Maybe it happens more frequently there but don't be surprised if it happens here specially during a road rage incident.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:48 AM

196 posts, read 589,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03 View Post
if you do end up moving back to miami as you mentioned, i would tell your husband he should expect to be cut off all the time...and giving someone the finger in miami could result in much worse than being yelled at.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 AM

35 posts, read 85,853 times
Uf! Easy, Dallas with eyes closed. Miami is getting a beating on all fronts: cost of living (remember our lovely and corrupt politicians who have all but bankrupt the city). healthcare, education (horrible, every school here is A+, yeah, right), traffic, crime, etc. People only look at the weather, party scene, etc, but forget that there are a lot other things to take into account. I know that if I was given a chance to get out of here, I would in a heartbeat! (and out of Florida altogether!) but the job market is horrible, so I gotta hang on and weather it until it improves enough to make such a jump.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:39 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,597 times
im an RN here in Miami, and just applied for license reciprocity to TX. This thread just supports my decision even more.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:26 PM

535 posts, read 1,410,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
but you can get called that here too, just change Mexican for Cuban. I have been called the "s" word a couple of times here in Miami By white non Hispanics for stupid things that didn't merit the insult. Some people are racist and will use that terminology with any excuse. As long as you live in the USA you can expect that. I've been told many times to go back to Cuba LOL. I'm not Cuban but I'm sure they don't Know the difference and probably they can't even locate the USA on a world map.

Maybe it happens more frequently there but don't be surprised if it happens here specially during a road rage incident.
And if you're not cuban, they call you "ILLEGAL" by them... I was in a car accident, a cuban crushed us (his driving was terrible) and he even asked my sister and I if we had papers, wtf??? who the f^&* he thinks he is,
you came in a balsa dude!

Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
How do you know he was Cuban?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
How do you know he was Cuban?
They're so easy to indentify They approach you in Spanish not even without asking if you speak the language, loud and unique accent .

Old 10-31-2010, 11:50 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
They're so easy to indentify They approach you in Spanish not even without asking if you speak the language, loud and unique accent .
I hate that

Sometimes I just stare at them or ignore them I wouldn't have any problem if they were well mannered and more quiet though.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
I hate that

Sometimes I just stare at them or ignore them I wouldn't have any problem if they were well mannered and more quiet though.
Totally agree, this is called not being assimilated... many of them think they own Miami and that's why they don't care about learning English and assimilating to the American culture...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami