U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-06-2009, 07:11 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,572,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
Garbage on the street is a pretty stupid analysis of a "bad area". Seriously
Well if someone doesn't Mind living in a dumpster, literally. I have yet to see a safe area in the USA or in the world with piles of garbage when there is a garbage pickup service in the area. It says a lot about the character of the residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM

4,121 posts, read 3,721,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
I don't mean posing, I'm sure whatever was going on was real. The guy behind him looks scared. I'm just thinking the photographers try to get the worst images. I mean is that the best image the could get from that street?
No way Lo. All google maps does is drive through a neighborhood with a 360 degree camera on top of the car and record what they see. They aren't trying to do anything but map the terrain. They just happened to catch something going on by coincidence. The fact that something was going on while Google drove through is indicative on how much actually does go on in a given neighborhood.

Unread 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,572,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
No way Lo. All google maps does is drive through a neighborhood with a 360 degree camera on top of the car and record what they see. They aren't trying to do anything but map the terrain. They just happened to catch something going on by coincidence. The fact that something was going on while Google drove through is indicative on how much actually does go on in a given neighborhood.
I see. It makes sense. I have seen some pictures that the images came back all blurry.

Unread 08-07-2009, 10:25 AM

5 posts, read 6,330 times
I actually grew up in Overtown, and back than/nor now would I ever go any where on 2nd Ct. It's notorious for being the worst of the neigborhood. There's a big street gang and it's racist. Trust me. If you're looking for something cheap yet decent try closer to Biscayne.

Unread 08-07-2009, 10:29 PM

3,371 posts, read 6,916,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthematrix View Post
[SIZE=4]1701 NW 2nd Ct[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Miami, FL 33136[/SIZE]

1701 nw 2nd court miami fl

I know this is the overton section,but wanted to know is this area really that bad,specifically the address I posted,above, there's a closed gated little community in this section i might move to just for about a month.Im a security guard and I have a license to carry plus I know about bad neighborhoods O grew up in north philadelphia,which personally to me,has one of the worst hoods i ever seen,call the bad land,in north philly.I also notice this area is next to jackson memorial hospital,so does this mean theres alot of police monitoring the area?I need peoples opinons and advises,hopefully most wont over exagerate on how bad this area is.also I'm not white im latino,so dont know if that may help
That is one of the worst neighborhoods in all of South Florida. It has a very high crime rate and I would not recommend it. Also, I doubt that being "Latino" will help you in Overtown; the population is overwhelmingly African-American. If you wish to live in that area north of Downtown, the best areas are along US1 and east to the Bay.

Unread 08-16-2009, 08:10 PM

40 posts, read 67,007 times
ya man trust me its bad its rigt in the hood if you move there your gna need a gun for your own protection

Unread 08-17-2009, 05:49 PM

62 posts, read 132,934 times
umm, I would not pick this area to live. However, I work with a lot of people who live in this area, you will be okay. Do you have a pit bull? Better get one. Your neighbors will either speak Spanish, or Creole. There are alot of elderly people in this area. My main problem with this area is lack of grocery stores, fast food, coffee, even the gas stations are few and far in this area. The good news, you will be close to work if you work at the VA hospital. And if anyone shoots you there are alot of hospitals in the area with ER's.

Okay, everyone is real nice to me when I come over to their house, even if I am white, with blonde hair. Most people in this area are nice. Just don't go out at night.

Unread 08-17-2009, 06:51 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,393,628 times
I believe that is where the mayor lives.

Unread 08-17-2009, 06:54 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,393,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2211 View Post
Just have a look round from the point where your link opens up and you come across this dodgy looking image

I believe that is where the mayor lives,he had to take a cut in salary.

Unread 08-18-2009, 03:38 PM

8 posts, read 38 times
In Miami, there was a thing called "Anglo Flight".
When that happened, large tracts of Real Estate went up in price.
But what Miami needs is a more thorough "Flight", so all English speakers can reunite in Broward and celebrate together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami