U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:14 PM

2,257 posts, read 619,917 times
Default NEWS: Bilingual rapper Pitbull gets key to city of Miami

Only in Miami would a piece of **** who was caught drunk driving and speeding be given the keys to the city. Pitbull -- what a role model. He could have killed someone when he was caught for DUI, but he got away with it, just like every other moron in Dade County. Keys to the city....the keys should be used to lock this pathetic excuse for a human being up, in jail. Surely there are far better role models out there to give the keys to the city....this is a joke.

I don't know of many places on earth where a drunk driver would be "honored" - what an example:

The Associated Press: Bilingual rapper Pitbull gets key to city of Miami

Bilingual rapper Pitbull gets key to city of Miami

MIAMI — Rapper Pitbull, whose chart-climbing songs have made him a bilingual favorite, was honored Wednesday with the key to Miami — an accomplishment he said officially cemented his title as "Mr. 305."
"I can't help but keep staring at it, because it's something I've worked so hard for," Pitbull said, looking down at the gold key. "I'm very passionate about Miami."

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-19-2009 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Whole article not allowed.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:41 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,868,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheSilence View Post
Only in Miami would a piece of **** who was caught drunk driving and speeding be given the keys to the city. Pitbull -- what a role model. He could have killed someone when he was caught for DUI, but he got away with it, just like every other moron in Dade County. Keys to the city....the keys should be used to lock this pathetic excuse for a human being up, in jail. Surely there are far better role models out there to give the keys to the city....this is a joke.

I don't know of many places on earth where a drunk driver would be "honored" - what an example:

The Associated Press: Bilingual rapper Pitbull gets key to city of Miami

Bilingual rapper Pitbull gets key to city of Miami

MIAMI — Rapper Pitbull, whose chart-climbing songs have made him a bilingual favorite, was honored Wednesday with the key to Miami — an accomplishment he said officially cemented his title as "Mr. 305."
"I can't help but keep staring at it, because it's something I've worked so hard for," Pitbull said, looking down at the gold key. "I'm very passionate about Miami."
I agree this is exactly what is wrong with Miami ... the thug culture and attitude especially among Hispanic youth ... I defend Miami quite a bit on this forum .... but this garbage is what I cannot stand about Miami and have a hard time defending .

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-19-2009 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Quote shortened

Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
I agree this is exactly what is wrong with Miami ... the thug culture and attitude especially among Hispanic youth ... I defend Miami quite a bit on this forum .... but this garbage is what I cannot stand about Miami and have a hard time defending .
Aside from the fact that his so-called music is awful (just my opinion), he was caught drunk driving. I don't give a rat's a*% if he managed to weasel his way out of it -- he refused a sobriety test and was caught doing 100+ on the Palmetto Expressway, which could have easily resulted in injury or loss of life (just like all the other knuckleheads in Miami who do the same thing, but aren't famous like Pitbull). I don't know about you, but I think that sets a terrible example to young people. Surely, there are far more worthy contenders for the "keys to the city" than this complete and utter jerkoff?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:12 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,872,945 times
Quote:
Aside from the fact that his so-called music is awful
According to Wikipedia he was influenced by Jose Marti, the Cuban Poet. Can't you see the similarities in the lyrics?

Quote:
"I can't help but keep staring at it, because it's something I've worked so hard for," Pitbull said
Pitbull if you reading this, thank you for your great legacy. I'm sure you spent sleepless nights writing those wonderful, deep songs... You deserve a break for your hard work. Could you just retire permanently?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
According to Wikipedia he was influenced by Jose Marti, the Cuban Poet. Can't you see the similarities in the lyrics?

Pitbull if you reading this, thank you for your great legacy. I'm sure you spent sleepless nights writing those wonderful, deep songs... You deserve a break for your hard work. Could you just retire permanently?
Yes, his lyrics are so poetic..."I know you wan'me, you know I wan'cha"....(most of his lyrics are far too explicit and derogatory to post here, so I can't provide more examples).

Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM

2,517 posts, read 6,902,506 times
City of Miami made themselves lookd stupid with this stunt. What a black eye !

Old 08-19-2009, 08:30 PM

976 posts, read 233,536 times
That's completely ridiculous. This guy is a criminal, he gets a slap on the wrist, and now the key to the city? WTF???

Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 PM

14,367 posts, read 11,896,122 times
Stallworth is next I'm assuming?

I can't even agree with Miami on this one.. can you get any more pathetic?

"Pitbull burst this year onto the mainstream scene with his single, "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)," which topped charts worldwide and reached No. 2 on the American Billboard Hot 100."

Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Stallworth is next I'm assuming?

I can't even agree with Miami on this one.. can you get any more pathetic?

"Pitbull burst this year onto the mainstream scene with his single, "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)," which topped charts worldwide and reached No. 2 on the American Billboard Hot 100."
I wonder if they'd have still given Pitbull the keys to the City of Miami if he'd killed or injured someone? Stallworth? Heck, I wouldn't put it past Miami if he played for the Dolphins.

Sick, very sick.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
That's completely ridiculous. This guy is a criminal, he gets a slap on the wrist, and now the key to the city? WTF???
Pitbull should be in a place where keys are required to lock his damn cell.....DUI is no joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami