U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 PM

1,335 posts, read 2,328,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I really have to disagree with you here, Brickell is a nice part of Miami, close to South Beach and close to places people can work in Brickell and downtown Miami. I don't see anything wrong with Brickell for a couple or single person without children.
I have to agree with you. Brickell has its downsides - price, lots of snobs, etc. but it is nicer than any other downtown area in Florida IMHO.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:28 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,599,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
Why is Brickell a crap hole? I lived there until a few months ago...
Is that you, kind of defending Miami?!?!? Am I reading this correctly?

Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 586,630 times
Georgia would be the last place in America I'd consider moving...fwiw. Actually, South Carolina seems even worse than Georgia.

Put me in the new resident of Miami column. I'm pretty sure (80%) that I'll be moving to Miami in 8 months. The 20% is for Tampa.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:37 PM

1,335 posts, read 2,328,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Is that you, kind of defending Miami?!?!? Am I reading this correctly?
I can see how someone would not like Brickell, but to call it a "craphole" is totally wrong. Brickell is the only true 'downtown' in Florida, and it is a beautiful, fun place to hang out. Just don't let the little things get on your nerves.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:44 PM

976 posts, read 282,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
Don't worry Trusses. I'm finding that Orlando grows on you.

I'm a native of FL. I have lived in Central FL for a combined.... 10 or 11 years. Orlando is not a palce I could see living in long-term. But I hope u like it and enjoy it.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
Georgia would be the last place in America I'd consider moving...fwiw. Actually, South Carolina seems even worse than Georgia.

Put me in the new resident of Miami column. I'm pretty sure (80%) that I'll be moving to Miami in 8 months. The 20% is for Tampa.
Coming from anywhere other than Latin/Central America and Haiti - good luck man!

Miami?

Why is GA and SC the worst place?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:38 PM

8,289 posts, read 7,318,264 times
matchpoint Brickell is in the financial district and that first pic is of downtown Miami, Brickell is just south of it across the Miami river. The area is a mix of office buildings and highrise condos.
This is what Brickell looks like;

it's a very urban area with access to mass transit (people mover & Metrorail)

Old 09-12-2009, 08:16 PM

8,513 posts, read 16,514,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
I just did a Google search of Brickell Miami and these came up....

Where should I have my moving boxes shipped to?
Those pictures are very old. In the first one you see the Everglades hotel which has long since been demolished and that fleabag replaced by a white elephant. The bottom picture contains fake buildings.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:24 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,539,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Those pictures are very old. In the first one you see the Everglades hotel which has long since been demolished and that fleabag replaced by a white elephant. The bottom picture contains fake buildings.

The first picture is Bayside - which is not Brickell. The Everglades hotel was in downtown Miami, not the Brickell area. Perhaps OP is downtown - that would explain it.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I was gonna say the 2nd picture isnt even a real picture. It's like watching Miami vice or some show on tv depecting Miami as a glamorous place, which it is definitely not. It's got one of the lowest per capita incomes in the entire US and many, many people living in poverty. Mix that in with the people, their behavior, the way they drive, how they treat one another, and their arrogance, and it's a toally different world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami