Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:44 PM

292 posts, read 953,670 times

Advertisements

Every day- Every where. Don't take chances. Get a permit and pack the heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 11:21 PM

13 posts, read 19,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Statistically, people who carry guns, if their gun does do some killing (as it is intended for), it is usually their kids playing around with it, or an accidental one of some kind - i.e. dad comes home drunk at night, and the wife mistakes the sounds for a burglar, etc.

Some of these guys, they watch way too many TV shows/movies, and this concept that they need to carry a gun around to be cool or tough or whatever...it's pretty ridiculous.

I know American TV and movies focus on guns on nearly every episode of most tv dramas...but for Joe Shmoe to 'pack heat' to visit the beach and do flamingo bird watching or whatever, is just ridiculous.
obviously you haven't lived in miami.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:20 PM

59 posts, read 114,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Statistically, people who carry guns, if their gun does do some killing (as it is intended for), it is usually their kids playing around with it, or an accidental one of some kind - i.e. dad comes home drunk at night, and the wife mistakes the sounds for a burglar, etc.

Some of these guys, they watch way too many TV shows/movies, and this concept that they need to carry a gun around to be cool or tough or whatever...it's pretty ridiculous.

I know American TV and movies focus on guns on nearly every episode of most tv dramas...but for Joe Shmoe to 'pack heat' to visit the beach and do flamingo bird watching or whatever, is just ridiculous.

Moderator cut: Trolling/Personal Attacks not allowed

I pack everywhere I go, even before I was a LEO. I'm not about to be a victim to the south florida criminal scum.

Last edited by doggiebus; 10-25-2009 at 07:29 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 01:49 PM

569 posts, read 1,435,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
It is much too easy to obtain a concealed weapons permit; I do not even want to think of the irresponsible and/or unstable people who have once obtained one. I do not even trust law-abiding, Average Joe with a deadly weapon in public! People should not be walking around with guns, in my opinion.

I am a bit divided on whether or not a citizen - with a weapons permit - should be allowed to have guns in his own dwelling. Tallrick, I can understand your concern.

How about this? Don't like guns? Don't get one. In the meantime, I will choose to exercise my god-given right to defend myself and my loved ones inside or outside the home.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 AM

118 posts, read 371,311 times
Sorry for the zombie thread, but do you need a permit to have a gun in your glove compartment in miami?

Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 AM

257 posts, read 468,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_hemingway View Post
Sorry for the zombie thread, but do you need a permit to have a gun in your glove compartment in miami?
No you don't.

All the way at the bottom of this statute:

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2000->Ch0790->Section 25 : Online Sunshine

And then for definitions of "securely encased," near the bottom of this statute:

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2000->Ch0790->Section 001 : Online Sunshine

Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,291,823 times
Why anyone would think they needed to carry a gun is beyond me. Those people are a danger to themselves and society.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM

257 posts, read 468,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Why anyone would think they needed to carry a gun is beyond me. Those people are a danger to themselves and society.
Might be helpful if somebody tries to eat your face?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,798,308 times
Quote:

Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 AM

118 posts, read 371,311 times
Quote:
Duh! What is someone cuts you off and you get into a flying rage? What are you supposed to do? Go cool off somewhere??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami