Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:23 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times

Advertisements

Ok lets get back on topic please, its not about eyebrows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 AM

124 posts, read 414,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Really sad, as now two families will have lost someone. The 17 year old will go to jail for a long time. The news said it was a love triangle thing, all over a girl.

It is sad... I am one to judge, and even less, when it is a tragedy such as this; but somehow, somewhere, someone failed... as a parent...as a teacher/pastor, or priest/as a society....

Unfortunately it is our children that often pay for our failures in general.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:34 AM

976 posts, read 1,110,978 times
^^^ It's this thug culture that so many of today's youth looks up to. Moderator cut: Trolling

Last edited by doggiebus; 09-19-2009 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: watch it!

Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
I feel bad for the kids that had to see this traumatic event. I don't believe it's anybody's fault but the kids themselves.

For the kids that were involved, based on the testimonies I heard on TV from other students I don't think they were good kids. The media will try to portray the most romanticized version of the story. A similar case happened when I was in high school and the kid that got killed was a troublemaker. According to the Herald he was a saint. He had told me personally the gangs he belong to in Colombia and that he had been expelled from another school for carrying a knife(nice!). Some teachers try to help but I knew it was a futile effort because I had known a few troubled kids and most of them ended up six feet under.

I don't know exactly what the situation in Cuba is and if they have some kind of gang problem. I hope not.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:58 PM

433 posts, read 952,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita305 View Post
I feel bad for the kids that had to see this traumatic event. I don't believe it's anybody's fault but the kids themselves.

For the kids that were involved, based on the testimonies I heard on TV from other students I don't think they were good kids. The media will try to portray the most romanticized version of the story. A similar case happened when I was in high school and the kid that got killed was a troublemaker. According to the Herald he was a saint. He had told me personally the gangs he belong to in Colombia and that he had been expelled from another school for carrying a knife(nice!). Some teachers try to help but I knew it was a futile effort because I had known a few troubled kids and most of them ended up six feet under.

I don't know exactly what the situation in Cuba is and if they have some kind of gang problem. I hope not.
LOL, in Cuba there is only one huge gang which does not let any other gangs proliferate. That's why the level of violance is so low even when the poverty level is so high.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times
Funny that most of the young Cubans that use this "hair style" are the sons of fairly recent arrivals who tend to be very "ghetto" ... the sons of the Cubans I went to college with in Miami in the late 80's would skin their kids alive if they went out and got those "hood rat " haircuts .[/quote]

-----

Rock

In Havana sometimes I visit schools and kids are Ok. Also in Guantanamo. Kids are educated, well raised. I'm talking about a very poor province where most people are black.

They have uniforms, the little ones are uniformed and march to schools in a regimented manner.

Those kids you are talking probably come from very marginal areas.

No gangs in Cuba that I know of, they bag them before they commit any crime just because their look "precriminals".

Gangs are from Colombia and Central America, also Dominicans. The gangs in Miami started when all those people came.

Quite a pity that those low lifes go north, and you have so many nice kids there trying to study and get ahead.

Last edited by Leovigildo; 09-21-2009 at 06:30 AM..

Old 09-21-2009, 06:28 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,463 times
Yes there are gangs in Cuba. Not gangs like we think of here, but gangs nevertheless.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:32 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymbuff View Post
Yes there are gangs in Cuba. Not gangs like we think of here, but gangs nevertheless.
Yes I was asking because someone told me that they were getting more dangerous, but I know how people like to blow things out of proportion. So far I'm not convinced they are that dangerous.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:36 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,432,373 times
Gymbuff

No way. The PNR (Policia Nacional Revolucionaria) would break their souls right away.

You might see a bunch of kids engaged in stone fights, or genuine fights, or trying to steal something in houses, etc, you might see kids dressed like Ecuatorian a.s.s.h.o.l.e.s (threy bring their stupid clothes from that country), but no GANGS.

I'm referring to South and Central American Gangs like Latin Kings or Ñetas or all that crap, that's more Indian stuff. You don't see that there.

All ASSOCIATIONS, no matter how informal, are forbidden. The only legal associations are the MASS ORGANIZATIONS, you know, UJOTACÉ, CDR, FMC, PCCU, etc.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:50 AM

809 posts, read 2,315,463 times
Oh no no nothing like Latin Kings or anything like that. But, you do have kids defining turf, roughing up folks, etc. Plus, Cuba's youth grew up in a violent culture; its their way of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami