Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 AM

34 posts, read 49,267 times

Advertisements

Click image for larger version

Name:	WV sucks.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	74737
this is what you get in WV..id much rather be ona beach somwhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 09:20 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,266,706 times
thats what everyone thinks but they forget about all the things they take for granted.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:22 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,676 times
like what?

Old 01-26-2011, 09:25 AM

effective city services, law enforcement, tap water quality.
ethical and friendly citizens, customer service and knowledgable store employees, etc etc etc

Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM

34 posts, read 49,267 times
Dude where i live there is aobut a population of 2000..so none of the things u mentioned i have, there is no city service..Law enforcement is non existent and friendly sitizens...psht.. iw as broke down in my vehicle..i had to walk 7 miles to make a call, my neighbor passed and didnt think twice of giving me a rde! for some information on where i live...google Kermit WV

Old 01-26-2011, 09:38 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,323,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
effective city services, law enforcement, tap water quality.
ethical and friendly citizens, customer service and knowledgable store employees, etc etc etc
I'm sorry to say, but those only exist in a dream world.

The effective law enforcement that sits on the side of the road waiting to hand out tickets while in the mean time 12 banks around the city were robbed?

Tap water which fluoride is added to even after boards of dentist said it was not needed and harmful?

Ethical and friendly citizens like a plumber I recently dealt with that wanted to charge over $800 to replace a piece of pipe and then when I said no tried to charge a $175 service visit?

Customer service and knowledgeable store employees, well, that varies from store to store. At the Wal-Mart you get crap but usually in more upscale stores things aren't too bad.

The grass is always greener is the moral of the story. People that think problems are solely in Miami are simply wrong.

I'm not saying Miami doesn't have its problems, but to think that every place else is simply utopia just isn't true.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:05 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I'm sorry to say, but those only exist in a dream world.

The effective law enforcement that sits on the side of the road waiting to hand out tickets while in the mean time 12 banks around the city were robbed?

Tap water which fluoride is added to even after boards of dentist said it was not needed and harmful?

Ethical and friendly citizens like a plumber I recently dealt with that wanted to charge over $800 to replace a piece of pipe and then when I said no tried to charge a $175 service visit?

Customer service and knowledgeable store employees, well, that varies from store to store. At the Wal-Mart you get crap but usually in more upscale stores things aren't too bad.

The grass is always greener is the moral of the story. People that think problems are solely in Miami are simply wrong.

I'm not saying Miami doesn't have its problems, but to think that every place else is simply utopia just isn't true.
Agreed. Look at Illinois going bankrupt. Miami definitely has its warts, but it seems to be evolving into an amazing place. She's a young city. There seem to be a few posters in this forum, however, that seem to have the sole purpose in life to bash Miami in every thread. I wonder where all the hate comes from?

Old 01-26-2011, 10:06 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,323,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV2MIA View Post
Attachment 74737
this is what you get in WV..id much rather be ona beach somwhere
In NYC today. Snowing like a beast. The good news is I got to see a guy take a wiz in the street. I guess is why NYC is better than MIA.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:17 PM

coconut1: that isnt true. when i lived in socal in the beach cities most of those points were covered. law enforcement is almost too strict there whereas here it is almost non existent.

i dont want to complain though. miami has TONS of flaws but i have made it my home because there are many things i cant do anywhere else. and yes it could be merely that it is such a young city.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
In NYC today. Snowing like a beast. The good news is I got to see a guy take a wiz in the street. I guess is why NYC is better than MIA.
A very dainty girl friend of mine was walking down Boylston St (= Collins Ave) in BOS when she came upon an African American gentleman who was relieving himself there. So he said to her "What - you never saw a ni&&er pi$$ing in the street before?!" (His words not mine.)

Life is tough all over, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami