Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 4,962 times

Advertisements

I cannot believe that I am the only person experiencing problems with associations. All property managers seem to be CLUELESS, assistants are just there to answer the phone because really that's the only thing they are capable of doing... in a city saturated with Condominium Associations you would think there would be a standard or a regulating office that one could contact to file a complaint. I know, DBPR but they really don't do ANYTHING!!! I just found out that where I live the replacement of the roof was $3.1 million dollars... for a roof??? Someone is stealing money and no one is doing anything. Then again, when in Rome...

CUSTOMER SERVICE is DEAD in Miami and all association management companies are the WORSE thing to happen to this city!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Solution: never, ever buy a condo unless it is 1/2 or less the price of a comparably sized home. My solution, never buy ANY condo or in any deed restricted community.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM

16 posts, read 17,728 times
I agree with Rick's post. Associations are generally bad, but here in Miami, most are crooked. I have had nothing but bad experiences wuth all of them here, whether it's their stupid rules, or their complete and utter inaction when it comes to real issues, such as noise from neighbors, people driving like lunatics through the parking garage. In our last condo, the association tried to charge us $800 for moving out (a deposit for the usage of the service elevator)! We didn't sigh up for this and I refused to pay it (they backed down eventually). The office staff were always rude and incompetent too (once they accidentally cancelled my clicker so I couldn't get into the parking garage).

The moral of the story: don't buy a condo in Miami. You cannot do whatever you like to it...they'll even tell you what curtains you can or can't have abd what tiles to put on your balcony. For that, I'd just rent.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
Yup....associations are horrible. I lived in two in the past.....I vowed again to never live in an association. I kept true to my promise. I am sorry you are having problems. Hire an attorney is all I can advise.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Solution: never, ever buy a condo unless it is 1/2 or less the price of a comparably sized home. My solution, never buy ANY condo or in any deed restricted community.
Totally agree with this post.

Customer Service in Miami (in GENERAL) is horrible.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
customer service is NON EXISTANT. I am dealing with a horrible window/shutter company at this moment. From the moment I signed the contract to now, communication has been essentially ZERO. And then people wonder why they go out of business or are sued left and right. I was always taught that you have to bend over backwards for a customer..the customer is always right. Treat them with respect...keep the communication line open and flowing...and you will reap your rewards in the end. Some people just don't know how to do this.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 13,273 times
Problems With The Continental Group Association Property Management in Aventura
For more than two years we have bad experiences with this TCG Property Management Hollywood,FL33020 in our community in Aventura.As German citizens we pay the 1st day of each month via Bank of America Bill Payment our maintenance fees for our townhome, and this management charged each month additional $ 25.00 late fee plus demand collection cost $25.00 plus reminder Collection Cost $5.00=that is $55.We have send them our bank statements of the last 18 months to proof that we paid our maintenance fees on time and our contradiction but TCG doesn't correct our Association account.After 5 emails and faxes we got a short email in September of the Property Manager Moderator cut: No Names that she is on holiday for 2 weeks and a 10 day demand letter and no further reply.Our Board of Director moved away so there is no one since June we can call from Germany for assistance in this case.At this TCG customer service nobody cares about anything,there is no reply than account statements with their late fees and the office staff changes consequently.In Germany it is illegal for a management to charge such an amount of money $55 when the fees arrive on time. We will fly to Miami in December as we can't do anything in this matter here from Germany.To whom can we send our complaints? Is there a consumer office or an organisation that can help us? Does anybody know a good attorney at Miami -Aventura aerea who is competent for Property/Association Management?Is there anybody who has same experiences with this property management of The Continental Group in Hollywood,FL 33020?
Thank you for your reply.With best regards,

Last edited by Ursula Germany; 09-30-2009 at 05:20 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 04:58 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula Germany View Post
Problems With The Continental Group Association Property Management in Aventura
For more than two years we have bad experiences with this TCG Property Management in our community in Aventura.As German citizens we pay the 1st day of each month via Bank of America Bill Payment our maintenance fees for our townhome, and this management charged each month additional $ 25.00 late fee plus demand collection cost $25.00 plus reminder Collection Cost $5.00=that is $55.We have send them our bank statements of the last 18 months to proof that we paid our maintenance fees on time and our contradiction but TCG doesn't correct our Association account.After 5 emails and faxes we got a short email in September of the Property Manager Moderator cut: No Names that she is on holiday for the 2 weeks and a 10 day demand letter and no further reply.Our Board of Director moved away so there is no one since June we can call from Germany for assistance in this case.At this TCG customer service nobody cares about anything,there is no reply than account statements with their late fees and the office staff changes consequently.In Germany it is illegal for a management to charge such an amount of money $55 when the fees arrive on time. We will fly to Miami in December as we can't do anything in this matter here from Germany.To whom can we send our complaints? Is there a consumer office or an organisation that can help us? Does anybody know a good attorney at Miami -Aventura aerea who is competent for Property/Association Management?Is there anybody who has same experiences with this property management of The Continental Group in Hollywood,FL 33020?
Thank you for your reply.With best regards,
Attorney?? What a joke. Only crappy HOA's have that poor of service.

It's just $55. Pay it and move on.

Last edited by doggiebus; 09-30-2009 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-30-2009, 05:36 PM

4 posts, read 13,273 times
Dear Cuba libre,
American English is not my mother language I tried my best to explain the facts . For 2 years each month TCG charged $55 without any reason in addition to the monthly fees of $485.For this money I have to work hard in Germany.
What does "crappy HOA's " mean?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:41 PM

1,344 posts, read 3,608,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula Germany View Post
Dear Cuba libre,
American English is not my mother language I tried my best to explain the facts . For 2 years each month TCG charged $55 without any reason in addition to the monthly fees of $485.For this money I have to work hard in Germany.
What does "crappy HOA's " mean?
Your English is great.

HOA = Home owners association

crappy = not good

Good luck resolving this matter. My only advice would be to try to seek a manager or someone important at the management company. Chances are, you are stuck with some lowly desk clerk who doesn't do their job right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami