Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,252,004 times

Advertisements

Being raised in Miami I am well aware of the heat and extended summers in South Florida. However, by this time of year a slight, very very slight difference in the temperature is usually noticed. Usually in the last week of Sep. you can feel a very slight change with the lows around 75 and highs 87 or 88. It will still be very hot from time to time, but the mornings feel a bit cooler and less humid as opposed to the constant lows of 77 or 78 with high humidy like you feel all summer. Well, it looked like the change arrived last Friday as it wasn't hot in the morning and was hot in the afternoon, but not unbearably hot. This week though, WOW! it feels like we are back in August. At 12:00 noon and it is 90 degrees with the heat index of 100. Extended forecast shows the highs at 90 or 91 the rest of the week, and the lows at 78. Incredible!!!!

It seems like a nice to time to take a drive north out of the state and feel a bit of pleasant weather. Well, not an option for me right now, I'll just have to wait a little longer for the temps to go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 AM

62 posts, read 253,005 times
the only positive thing that is a product of florida heat is lack of clothes on the opposite sex.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,643 times
I noticed that last night. It was 11 PM and the temperature was still around 80!!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
This heat is not that out of place for early October. It has been like this MANY years, early October is when the fronts stall out to our north and leave us trapped in the SW flow (hot land breeze), it is like summer's one last shot before we get the fronts to actually start flirting with South Florida later in the month.

Personally, after making it through August, I always notice the slightly less oppressive mornings in September (which unfortunately lead to equally hot days) but nonethe less, the longer nights start making a difference as early as September to the finely tuned locals.

By October we usually have more changeable wether, some days the SE flow off the water which is slightly less hot, meaning slightly lower temps (upper 80s as you said)...and then the SW flow before a front when it gets just as bad as August...but this is normal, I mean, the highs are only supposed to be like 5 degrees above normal, this isn't insane weather for us. Now, upper 90s I would say is bizarre this time of year but a week of low to mid 90s as the beginning of the month is just part of the extremes that make up the norm in my opinion.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
I agree these temps for October have been like this for a awhile. Back in the 80s though I remember October being cool, like it is in February now.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:03 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
haha man quit complainin OP, u all r lucky, better than 40's and 50's with gray skies and rain all day up here in Chicago. Especially when u add in the fact that we didn't even really have a summer. U all would be miserable here right now. Can't wait to get outta here.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,252,004 times
Banx not complaining, just waiting for the cooler temps. Have fun in Chicago, it is a beautiful city.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:11 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Thank you, it is a nice place I guess but at too steep a cost for what u get. South Florida is amazing in the winter time, that is like perfect weather for me. I'm hopin to be down there for good by the time that weater sets in

Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
haha man quit complainin OP, u all r lucky, better than 40's and 50's with gray skies and rain all day up here in Chicago. Especially when u add in the fact that we didn't even really have a summer. U all would be miserable here right now. Can't wait to get outta here.
No, 90F and humidity is NOT better than 40s and 50s. Are you kidding? Miami weather is garbage! When it is cold. at least you can PREPARE for it. Its called dressing up for the weather. I'm sure glad I don't live in Miami. Yesterday night it got down to 50F where I am and that's not even cold. to me 50F is nothing, I can handle that easily. I can't even believe one of my classmates at school yesterday actually asked me if I was cold.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 PM

261 posts, read 704,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
No, 90F and humidity is NOT better than 40s and 50s. Are you kidding? Miami weather is garbage! When it is cold. at least you can PREPARE for it. Its called dressing up for the weather. I'm sure glad I don't live in Miami. Yesterday night it got down to 50F where I am and that's not even cold. to me 50F is nothing, I can handle that easily. I can't even believe one of my classmates at school yesterday actually asked me if I was cold.
Just being positive, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami