U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 03:47 PM

45 posts, read 89,837 times

Advertisements

Hello Citi DataHeadZ,

I am planning to visit MIA for the 1st time with a friend. She's been here before but still want's to visit so were are trying to enjoy the most of what MIA has to offer. I'm from harlem while she's from DE. I would like to know what the rate for decent hotels are that are either on the beach or walking distance to it. What is the prices for jetskiing? What activities are there to do on the beach, since I'm gonna have a waterproof DVR camera? Is the food pricey like back home NYC, and are the clubs snotty like NYC, I pray not!!!
All I hear is the cars you see and celebrities. How expensive are the clubs, and are they like TV; only letting in VIPS and crapping on the regular tourist trying to get in? What about the bars? can you only drink indoors, and are the prices insane for a LI iced tea?What's the weather like the end of Feb. What about aquariums and etc. How much should I bring for spending money (visiting sites and such) Best company for travel (delta,AA etc.) pricewise? I'm open to anything that will leave me in one piece (nothing too dangerous) any suggestions would help. Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 05:59 PM

2,518 posts, read 9,706,002 times
Clubs are just as snotty as NYC. Cover charge is 20 bucks a person and drinks are 10-13 bucks. And yes, the VIP thing is only if you order bottle service which is 100 bucks a bottle. End of February highs around 75-85 degrees and lows of 65-75 degree. For hotels check expedia, travelocity, orbitz, hotels .com Same sites for airfare...in fact, choose HOTEL AND FLIGHT for savings when checking out these sights. Packages save money for the most part. Waverunners are about 50-65 bucks a half hour.

Have fun...February is a nice time to come.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:51 PM

292 posts, read 834,439 times
Pay attention when someone tells you that certain areas arent good to be in. Youll save money going to clubs during the week, and cabs will rip you off at every chance. Bring a spanish dictionary.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:51 PM

2,930 posts, read 6,036,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsmith0210 View Post
Bring a spanish dictionary.
Bad bad advice.

Please do NOT attempt to speak Spanish to anybody unless you are 100% sure they don't speak English. Do not assume anything. Many people get insulted by that and it could get you in trouble. If you only know one or two words it can be interpreted as condescending. You will do fine just with English.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 PM

261 posts, read 603,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
Clubs are just as snotty as NYC. Cover charge is 20 bucks a person and drinks are 10-13 bucks. And yes, the VIP thing is only if you order bottle service which is 100 bucks a bottle. End of February highs around 75-85 degrees and lows of 65-75 degree. For hotels check expedia, travelocity, orbitz, hotels .com Same sites for airfare...in fact, choose HOTEL AND FLIGHT for savings when checking out these sights. Packages save money for the most part. Waverunners are about 50-65 bucks a half hour.

Have fun...February is a nice time to come.
Mostly true. That being said, there are a few smaller clubs where you can get in and have a good time for relatively cheap, just don't expect what you see on TV.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 AM

292 posts, read 834,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Bad bad advice.

Please do NOT attempt to speak Spanish to anybody unless you are 100% sure they don't speak English. Do not assume anything. Many people get insulted by that and it could get you in trouble. If you only know one or two words it can be interpreted as condescending. You will do fine just with English.

It was a joke- like a ha ha joke- why does everyone have to be so serious? No one is gonna kill you if you try to speak Spanish either.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 AM

2,930 posts, read 6,036,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsmith0210 View Post
why does everyone have to be so serious?
Well a tourist who is not familiar with large hispanics communities might not understand your joke. Yes I know you were "joking"

Also because implying that all Latinos in Miami don't speak English is not only a false statement but xenophobic and insulting to most Latinos. This is not the first or second or even third thread you hijacked with your Spanish jokes in the past 48 hours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami