U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 PM

3,773 posts, read 6,827,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
I spent about 10-12 hours on the map over a couple of weeks during the summer. I think that is time better spent than just complaining about Miami I made the map with the intention of helping people who want to know where different neighborhoods are and how "nice" or "desirable" they are. Keep in mind that this is a combination of my opinion and general perception, and that some people might have shaded certain areas different colors than the ones I chose.

I would like to do a Broward map in collaboration with compelled to reply, but since I anticipate that our criteria for what is "nice" and "desirable" will differ (i.e. I bet he would rate West Miramar a 5 and he would object to me rating Hollywood Hills as a 4), I would like to just leave the creation of the map to him. Besides, I don't even know Broward very well. So, compelled, if you are up to the challenge I would love to see it happen!
Great job,it proves that there are a lot more nice areas than this forum gives it credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 05:22 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 10,845,507 times
I'm only a light green!!!
I must move. NOW! Before the yellow guys take over!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 10,845,507 times
You know this is really good. If you have the address, you can pin exactly where the house is. So, assuming these boundaries are fairly accurate, you could be borderline red, or pink, or dark green or ? and get a good idea of where you might want to focus more or less.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 PM

1,770 posts, read 5,585,311 times
Crisp, do you still have the portion I started? I started working on it and then was away in Hartford, CT for awhile. Just got back to West Palm Beach which I why I haven't been too active on here.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,412,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Crisp, do you still have the portion I started? I started working on it and then was away in Hartford, CT for awhile. Just got back to West Palm Beach which I why I haven't been too active on here.
I still do have it. I never took your "collaborator" access away, so you can resume work on the Palm Beach County whenever you wish.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM

4,688 posts, read 5,087,716 times
Your Mourningside is too big, you included bay point the two neighborhoods are not alike. You dont have a midtown its all upper east side. Upper East side I would say is above 44th street below that is midtown Miami.
Biscayne park is way too big.

Besides for that pretty cool and you did a good job.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:10 AM

2,574 posts, read 701,375 times
A helpful suggestion...
Try to refine the best category( dark green ) with a subcategory,
preferably coloured white,
which will include the millionaire's "rows ","blocks",enclaves,gated communities.
The top of the top...

Old 11-10-2009, 12:13 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,928,595 times
Great Job Cris P

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
A helpful suggestion...
Try to refine the best category( dark green ) with a subcategory,
preferably coloured white,
which will include the millionaire's "rows ","blocks",enclaves,gated communities.
The top of the top...
Yes great suggestion, they probably deserve their own color. You can' compare Coco Plum or Star Island with Pinecrest or the Baptist area. Any area with homes above 1.5 million should have their own category

Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM

2,574 posts, read 701,375 times
I propose white for areas with homes @1m
& the $ symbol for gold blocks,with homes @2mil plus...
One $ symbol can fit in one block,viewed under magnification...

Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,412,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Your Mourningside is too big, you included bay point the two neighborhoods are not alike. You dont have a midtown its all upper east side. Upper East side I would say is above 44th street below that is midtown Miami.
Biscayne park is way too big.

Besides for that pretty cool and you did a good job.
Please give me exact (or at the very least approximate) boundaries. Midtown/Upper East Side is not an area I know very well, so I could use some input about it. Also, what are the (smaller) boundaries of Biscayne Park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami