U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,298 posts, read 11,085,367 times

Advertisements

I came from NYC, and while it is NOT Alaska, it might as well have been. That's what THAT winter feels like to me. Over here, if you don't like the heat, stay in the AC all day long. Unfortunately, if you have to work outside, then you're fried. Maybe you can go to Las Vegas where it's a dry heat of 120 degrees in the summer. California might have its nice parts but it's not inexpensive there either.

I don't know what part of Philly is good enough with a fan but in NY, a fan wasn't much help. It is outrageously muggy and uncomfortable and stiffling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 PM

312 posts, read 364,926 times
yea but keep in mind vpcats,its all temporary,and areas like nyc get colder than philly because nyc has more bodies of water surrouding it,and who can honestly stay in the ac all day long? unless they dont work and are bums living off the the system getting checks, i dont see how that is possible,as i said before,yo uhave to come out to run errands and do stuff outside the house,and personally i rather do it in cooler temps, up north,truly gets perfect weather,the transitions from summer to winter,then winter to fall,gets perfect weather,65,to 70,to 75 beautiful breezes outside,i missed that

Old 12-08-2009, 07:47 PM

8,289 posts, read 7,325,652 times
Outofthematrix what type of errands are you doing that exposes you to the outside for such long periods of time?As for perfect weather well I grew up in Jersey right across Manhattan and the summers aren't any picnic either! It's not only humid but you get heatwaves with temps over 100 degrees ( something Miami has never had) plus add the pollution and you can actually see the air!
Oh and those people who sit in the AC all day are called office workers not bums! I should know since i'm one of them!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 PM

64 posts, read 145,416 times
Today was disgusting.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:04 PM

i meant those who can step out when they feel like it and dont need to worry about working,and if you could not deal with the summers up north i dont know how you say you can deal with the summers in miami

Old 12-08-2009, 08:07 PM

168 posts, read 292,976 times
Arizona is an oven.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 PM

8,289 posts, read 7,325,652 times
never said I couldn't deal with the summers up north but Miami doesn't have heatwaves either and what I couldn't stand was the frigid temps in the winter. You can have the brown slush!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 PM

well its all temporary no big deal

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM

4,719 posts, read 5,412,506 times
I live most of the year in Washington DC and a few months in Miami. (college student) Here is the thing the weather in DC is great during most of the spring most of fall. But the weather is hot and humid during the summer and pretty cold during the winter. Miami is hot but it does not get as hot as other cities in the US temps never go over 100 degrees, the humidity is bad but its better than 110 in Arizona or 100 in Chicago. But Miami perfect weather during the winter early spring is worth it IMO.

As to the OP, okay thats your opinion I would much rather deal with some 97 degree days in the summer then have to deal with 10-25 degree nights, snow or ice. While just about most of the country still gets those 95 degree days every summer too. Sure not as often but they are still there. Miami does not get cold, ice, snow.

I do not think anyone gets really used to 100 percent humidity but you just deal with it.
Also lets not forget the clean air Miami has, one of the least polluted major cities in the world!

Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 PM

81 posts, read 71,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
We all hate it because 99.9% of Miami residents have air conditioning. I was sweating like June today when working on my truck. The bad thing is that the combination of above-normal temps here and below-normal temps up north does not bode well for next year's hurricane season. If you do not believe that most Miami residents hate the weather here, just observe how much they panic when air conditioning breaks down.
They panic over everything. I remember police guarding water pallets before TS Eduardo fizzled out a couple years ago. I guess the machismo was so evident Publix hired 2 cops to deter macho men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami