Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami: Would you import San Diego's climate to Miami?
No, I'd keep Miami's climate as it is. 32 38.55%
Yes, I'd import San Diego's climate to Miami. 51 61.45%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,883,105 times

Advertisements

Anybody who votes for Miami obviously hasn't spent a summer/spring/fall in Miami,95 degrees,rain,sweating so much you need 2 or 3 showers a day,thunderstorms,hurricanes threatening,more rain,mosquitoes,cutting your grass and a few hours later looking like it needs to be cut again etc...
If you like that kind of stuff then good for you,I just don't get it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:36 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,103,954 times
All I can say for San Diego is JUNE GLOOM! Foggy, cold summer days. Cold and rainy winters! brrrrrr.

Miami has a nice sunny DRY winter season. Yes the summers are extreme but summer is supposed to be hot, and we have AC, afternoon thunderstorms and the ocean to make the most out of it.

Something about the frequent rain in the summer is very special as well, it cleans and greens up everything. Very cathartic.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,392,890 times
Brrrr is exactly right! I live here and I would gladly trade for dewpoints of 79 degrees and temps of 85 at night, even 11 months of it. Can't get enough of that. I really can't. I'm tired of the So Cal dry chilly weather and Miami's swampy climate suits my alien physiology just perfectly!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 PM

170 posts, read 449,014 times
I like a place where I can go barefooted at Christmastime. That's Miami.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:19 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,060,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
I read a lot of complaints in the Miami forum about Miami's relentless heat and humditiy.

So I am curious to know if residents of Miami REALLY had the choice of importing San Diego's climate to Miami/Dade County would you go for it?

And let's make a big ASSUMPTION, the topography stays the same so Miami is still flat and you would inherit San Diego's COASTAL climate (read: temperate, low humidity, etc).

It seems to me Miami just would NOT be Miami if you imported San Diego's climate (as pleasant and wonderful as it is). So place your vote and please feel free to share the reason(s) for your vote......

SUMMARY of the TWO CLIMATES (and what you'd GAIN and LOSE):

San Diego:
-Winters: Highs in mid-60's, Lows in high-40's to low-50's
-Summers: Highs in high-70's, Lows in mid-60's. LOW humidity.
-Annual Rainfall: 10 inches. COLD ocean water.

Miami:
-Winters: Highs in mid-70's, Lows in high-50's to low 60's.
-Summers: Highs around 90, Lows about 75, HIGH humidity.
-Annual Rainfall: 58 inches. WARM ocean water.
My family and I lived in Southern California for nearly four years and the weather is one of the best reasons to live there ... San Diego in fact has better weather than Valencia where we used to live 140 miles to the North . This poll is a no brainer ... I like South Florida , but So Cal and San Diego has way nicer weather and climate .

Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,883,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migsly View Post
I like a place where I can go barefooted at Christmastime. That's Miami.
You make a great point, Christmastime and winter is usually very nice,it's the other 8-9 months of the year that's the problem.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,964,597 times
I like thunderstorms, I like warm water and I almost never having to wear more then one layer of clothes. San Diego is very nice but for me Miami is better.
I like weather a lot San Deigo is just too boring for weather people.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 PM

736 posts, read 2,288,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
All I can say for San Diego is JUNE GLOOM! Foggy, cold summer days. Cold and rainy winters! brrrrrr.

Miami has a nice sunny DRY winter season.
"DRY" season in Miami is a relative term....San Diego ONLY gets 10 Inches of rain ALL YEAR. By contrast, Miami gets about 58 inches per year.

In San Diego, the 10 inches of rain all falls between Nov - April. True, Miami's "dry season" is the winter months but you still get about 10 to 15 inches of rain during this so called "dry" season.

San Diego does get a lot of fog in June but no daily thunderstorms in summer as Miaimi, so it's kind of a wash.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 907,080 times
I haven't voted in this poll but I lived for close to 15 years in San Diego. The weather info provided about San Diego is accurate, except most San Diegans don't live on the water or within 2 miles or so of the water. Inland San Diego's climate is not a beach climate, it's a desert climate. The summer temps for Inland San Diego can be 88-98.

June gloom is no joke. It can be 68, foggy and cloudy at the beach, all day long, from June to early July. Most people who go to Coronado to watch the July fireworks have to wear fleece jackets once the fireworks end because it gets d&&n cold at night even in the summer.....

San Diego's weather is very good, but it's not good enough to make me want to move back and suffer through a real threat greater than hurricanes, imo, the raging fires....

Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,672,266 times
Oh come on, nobody in their right mind can prefer Miami weather to that of San Diego. However, I would go one step further and prefer the weather of San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami