Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami: Would you import San Diego's climate to Miami?
No, I'd keep Miami's climate as it is. 32 38.55%
Yes, I'd import San Diego's climate to Miami. 51 61.45%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:57 PM

23 posts, read 73,839 times

Advertisements

The weather along california's coast is, in general, very good (I too prefer the Bay area over San Diego. It's quite pretty to see the fog cover SF bay). I'm not a fan of Miami's humidity. However, I do like the thunderstorms and the flora here in Miami. The lack of rain in California is a problem (unless they start building a lot of de-salination plants, I don't know how they'll keep things green in the future. In the bay area, the hills become quite brown during the dry season). Overall, SD has better weather, but Miami has it positives too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 06:17 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times
Miami...

that's because i've never been to S.D .

Old 12-16-2009, 11:39 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 910,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Oh come on, nobody in their right mind can prefer Miami weather to that of San Diego. However, I would go one step further and prefer the weather of San Francisco.
Haha. You might not think so, but it's true. For people who prefer to see the sun at the beach during the day (not simply at sunset), San Diego leaves something to be desired. I liked the Santa Ana winds the best about SoCal. Especially when it's 50 or 61 and cold over Christmas, a Santa Ana usually kicks up in the first week of January and it's really nice. Of course these dry strong winds usually start fires what with all the housing development and the removal of natural fire barriers......

Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Miami...

Take a trip to San Diego, then let us know which one has a better climate.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:55 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Take a trip to San Diego, then let us know which one has a better climate.
If he / she goes to San Diego between January and early April , when the temps are cool and humidity is low in South Florida then Miami weather is actually superior as it can get down right cold and gray in San Diego during those months ... it is the other eight 1/2 to nine months of the year where San Diego weather is hands down , no doubt , no comparison much , much better than Miami !!!

You can actually sleep with your windows open in the summer months at night ... try doing that in Miami

Old 12-17-2009, 10:03 PM

736 posts, read 2,294,457 times
Thanks to all who voted and shared their comments. Nearly even up to this point. The civility was nice too, esp. as compared to some "other" threads on Miami's weather.

I did NOT vote but from MY PERSPECTIVE: best winter weather in CONTINENTAL USA is Miami and best summer weather is San Diego.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:07 AM

796 posts, read 1,842,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Miami...

...and I choose SD..even though I've never been there either...just because I cannot stand the weather here! Anything is better than living in a year-round sauna!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:24 AM

888 posts, read 885,867 times
San Diego

Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 AM

888 posts, read 885,867 times
I've lived in both places.
San Diego weather is way better than Miami weather - IMO.
Miami is super super super humid.
Imagine having to wear a suit like I do in Brickell and walk around the neighborhood.
I feel stupid driving two blocks, but I always sweat like a pig, so I usually arrive early for my appointments so that I can dry off in the AC before announcing my arrival.
And people talk too ... "who was that dude you had a meeting with? he was dripping sweat all over the lobby floor!"
And Miami's dry season? Give me a break. 40%-50% humidity is not dry. I still sweat in my suit.
They need to let us wear draped linen over slacks in the finance industry.
But no... we are obliged to wear tight collars and ties with jackets.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:29 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Thanks to all who voted and shared their comments. Nearly even up to this point. The civility was nice too, esp. as compared to some "other" threads on Miami's weather.

I did NOT vote but from MY PERSPECTIVE: best winter weather in CONTINENTAL USA is Miami and best summer weather is San Diego.
I never thought of it that way , but yes Miami probably has the nicest winter weather in the country .... but alas it is only 3-4 months out of the year ... while SD has at least 8 months of awesome weather and the best fall , spring and summer weather in the country .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami