Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:40 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,014,387 times

Advertisements

NEITHER. They are overpriced and not worth it and I have been to both several times. I much prefer Houston's in Coral Gables or Aventura....the same quality and portions for half the price literally. I love eating out and enjoy fine foods, but morton's and ruth chris are over priced in my opinion when compared to Houston's. Trust me on this...do yourself a favor and try out Houston's. Word of warning though...the place is packed on weekend nights and they unfortunately do not accept reservations. Weekday nights are better or lunch any day. Houston's will blow you away....taste and see !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 07:17 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,371,803 times
^^^Houstons is good, but not on the same level as Ruth Chris.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:32 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,415,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekab View Post
Hi,

My wife and I will be in Coral Gables for a few days next month. I can get a gift card to either of these restaurants. I was wondering if anyone would have a recommendation about either of these two specific restaurants?
Ruth's is teetering along the edge of bankruptcy. I'd pick Mortons just be be sure your gift cards can be used.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:23 AM

796 posts, read 1,835,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
^^^Houstons is good, but not on the same level as Ruth Chris.
I agree...I was not impressed with Houston's food (the one in the Gables) at all...

Old 03-06-2010, 08:53 PM

18 posts, read 70,019 times
I know you've already made up your mind, but I, too, give a thumbs up to Ruth's Chris. And do not miss the Bread pudding for dessert. It's amazing.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:54 PM

196 posts, read 587,706 times
Default a challenge to you mommygarcia

i'm not much of a steak eater so i can't comment on morton vs. ruth's in that regard BUT..i know desserts and i have to say the godiva chocolate lava cake at morton's is the best thing i have EVER had. i like bread pudding too, but nothing nothing NOTHING beats that cake. unfortunately i now in a town that doesn't have a mortons so you will have to have one in my stead.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM

6,869 posts, read 11,179,433 times
Smile Love them all but I'd go with....

Ruth's Chris.

My husband ate at the original in New Orleans years and years ago and met the real Ruth!

I would hate to see them having $$$ troubles - so good. The one in Boca seems pretty busy. I mean, we only go like every couple of years but when we try to get in "It's like - we're fully committed - we can take you Thursday night at 7:30 PM!!"

Houston's is great but always has a long wait. Morton's is good also. We ate at Flemings in Nashville and that was very good too.

It's usually for a special occasion so we have good memories!

When our daughter lived in South Beach, she got us to take her to Smith & Wollensky, excellent also.

Obviously, we love a good steak!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami