U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 PM

208 posts, read 329,229 times

Advertisements

I think that's a bit much. I wouldn't rate Miami as the most desirable city to live in, but certainly the one of the most miserable cities!

America's top 10 miserable cities - MSN Real Estate (http://tinyurl.com/yjwojsa - broken link)

Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM

2,574 posts, read 753,619 times
Trash articles like that actually benefit Mia,they drive potential transplants away...

Good riddance,more people should leave Mia,it's a terrible city...

Goodbye...

Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,033,965 times
That list has terrible methodology--Sacramento sucks because the NBA team is no good?

Though, I guess they correctly identified how dismal the Rust Belt is as that constituted most of the list.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:51 PM

2,768 posts, read 4,197,697 times
Did you see that LOL - St. Louis - the Rams - what - why put that in there. please!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM

972 posts, read 1,907,932 times
Mentioning how crappy sports teams are has no relevance on true issues the cities may have.Overall Miami is not a great place but I don't think it's top 10 most miserable,especially if you're also comparing smaller places like Flint.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom1001 View Post
Mentioning how crappy sports teams are has no relevance on true issues the cities may have.Overall Miami is not a great place but I don't think it's top 10 most miserable,especially if you're also comparing smaller places like Flint.
Right - if you are going to do a place like Flint, then why not Frederick, MD or Chattanooga, TN or that place in ND that the Miamians were run out of - seriously - this thing is baseless to me - in the past 4 days we have had 42 different places where Miami/florida lands on these rankings.

I would like to see something that shows what questions were asked when asking what is your misery level.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:01 PM

208 posts, read 329,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoet View Post
I think that's a bit much. I wouldn't rate Miami as the most desirable city to live in, but certainly the one of the most miserable cities!

America's top 10 miserable cities - MSN Real Estate (http://tinyurl.com/yjwojsa - broken link)

Typo correction: I meant to write that Miami, in my opinion, is certainly NOT one of the most miserables cities to live in. Aside from high property taxes and traffic congestion, Miami is purty good.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM

5,722 posts, read 6,046,234 times
Default Miami, the 6th most miserable city in the U.S?

I believe it.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I believe it.
I love ya com - but you agree when it is convenient - yesterday when both north carolina and Georgia were listed as unhappier stars you said I don't go by these surveys - today you do?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,659 times
Why are people surprised by this? Have you ever driven here? If you disagree with the fact that Miami is a miserable, angry-a** place, you have clearly never driven here, or you live life with the blinders on. Miami drivers are probably the worst I've encountered in the world. Many are reckless, stupid, overly macho, aggressive or even have no regard for human life. Driving here is a major health hazard and the police do NOTHING to solve the problem. It's not just about drivers though...it's the people. Miami is filled with narcissists, sociopaths and those who will take advantage of you at every turn. Be miserable here? It's not hard, when you see the wood for the trees and realize that Miami is one giant small town and one giant a**hole magnet, attracting the worst of the worst, i.e. the "me first" party people.

The best thing that could happen to Miami would be a category 5 hurricane, or rising sea levels to flood this place and submerse it in the Atlantic Ocean. God left Miami a long time ago...he/she left an angry, self-absorbed and evil place, filled with evil people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami