Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:51 PM

786 posts, read 4,733,123 times

Advertisements

Everyone I talk to about Miami and the rest of urban Southeast Florida tells me about how rude, rushed and arrogant the people are. Maybe they are reading the studies promoted on TV that show that Miami is Americas rudest City. Do you agree?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
They could be just reading the studies. But maybe they have lived in South Florida, many people in the last few years have left Miami for other parts of the country. Overall yes all these things are true, but on individual basis you will come across some good people still.

Arrogant people, I think the people of Miami have a chip on their shoulder. I find myself sometimes with one, when I am visiting places in the mid-west, I kinda look down apon them for living in the mid-west...

Rushed? Miami isn't slow by any means anymore.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 PM

44 posts, read 137,655 times
Yes miami is a rude city. Comparable to new york people. lol its no surprise we get alot of them living here and vise versa, but as a miamian lol i like it. Love the attitude. Love the non political correctness. People will say exactly what they feel to your face. Lol i guess that could be why we are also the rudest drivers. lol we dont take sh*t . love it or hate it thats miami

Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM

106 posts, read 380,522 times
Miami is the rudest city I have lived in and I have lived in New York, Chicago, and L.A. which are the three biggest. The difference is that those cities are cities in the true sense of the word and Miami is like a Barrio or the size of one of the particular districts that make up only a part of those large cities. In this barrio district called Miami you encounter many poor people mainly of minority groups and many immigrants. Americans are also not the majority in this barrio so American customs and the English language do not exist. In this barrio the people also do not want to learn english or American customs and they have brought their rudeness from abroad and act as if they are still in their home country. They do not learn english so they most definitely will not learn the languages and customs of the other immigrants who came from somewhere else like themselves. The only thing that sets this low income barrio district aside from any other ghetto district found in Los Angeles Chicago and New York is that she gives you 80 degrees nearly year round and is situated next to the most beautiful blue and warm ocean found in the continental U.S. Thus this impoverished ghetto has been sold and dubbed a world class destination and a bunch of mediocre restaurants and over priced hotels popped up on her shores. This is like taking East St Louis and Detroit and picking them up from the center of the country and dropping them down on the beach and planting enough palm trees to sell the ghetto as a tropical paradise. Thats why Miami is rude. The officials of Miami are part of the problem. They sell Miami as the tropical paradise to the whole world and when people get here thats not what they find. That happened to me. If St. Louis and Detroit were major U.S. tourist destinations we would probably be saying the same thing about them as well. To make matters worse the poor people in this barrio become poorer and poorer because due to the great tourism rush the prices and cost of living sky rocket but the diversity of jobs doesnt because the jobs in this overpriced barrio are mainly of service restaurant and hospitality industry which all pay low wages. Coorporate America comes on vacation but they wont come here to work because they are not interested in living amongst the poverty and crime. To add insult to the injury the very people working in those low paying restaurants cant afford to eat in them because the prices are set extremely high since they are realistically only exist for the tourist. Thats Miami baby. Simply put Miami is not a world class city because world class cities do a much better job of shielding its visitors from the day to day social problems of the city. Miami is an example of **** poor planning. In Miami the rudeness is right in your face from the time you land and its a result of poverty, lack of education, lack of American customs and values, and lack of dollars. Miami is nothing more than any other U.S. ghetto being sold to suckers who are willing to buy into it for the price of paradise. Amazing what 80 degrees humidity and a beach can do for a place hah. Think about it. If St. Louis becomes 80 degrees year round we can all just move there as well.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:49 PM

Yea see but miami-dade country as a whole isnt like that at all. you go to the kendall area where most of the people in miam-dade county live and its all lower to upper middle class houses. If your from miami you know as well as I do that miami-dade county IS what most of us consider the city of miami. Remember miami dade county has a population of over 2 million people. Miami has less than 400,000. When you see what the average income for miami-dade county is right thier where the national average is well its 40,000 and the national average is belive is 41,000, As for poor planning hey i totally agree with you on that, but atleast the city is doing something about it. Have you heard of the miami-21 plan? You should check it out.

Last edited by Southfloridamiamian; 06-04-2007 at 06:02 PM..

Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 PM

124 posts, read 415,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Everyone I talk to about Miami and the rest of urban Southeast Florida tells me about how rude, rushed and arrogant the people are. Maybe they are reading the studies promoted on TV that show that Miami is Americas rudest City. Do you agree?

YES. MIAMI IS THE RUDEST CITY

Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 PM

124 posts, read 415,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGONZ001 View Post
Kendal is the dump. Only low class people live there. As for Miami-21, it was shot down by our dear commissioners. Apparently they were not making enough money to fill their pockets and the entire project is on hold. Gotta love the Banana Republic of Miami. Once a swamp, always a swamp.

I agree, and Let us not forget Carnival Center for the Perfoming Arts.... Smacked right in the middle of Camillus House...great localilty for the arts, don't you think?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,276,497 times
miami is extremely RUDE and disgusting.
I went there every other weekend for a year and I will never visit there again!!!!!

The prison is in the middle of the city ...that's safe....
The people are poor and ghetto but majority are just trying to get by and lack what we call manners.

Down town and south beach are night and day

Old 06-04-2007, 09:40 PM

miami 21 wasnt rejected. It comes to final approval at the end of june. And all previouse approvals were approved almost unanimously. Camillas house is being moved into a 300 million dollar facility in the civic center.I saw the rendering very nice. The facility has just very recently been approved along with the funding. The average income for a household in kendall is $61,000 and 50,000 for individuals very poor indeed. 1/3 people in miami live in kendall.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:24 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
You know all those me-me-me people that are in Miami, many of them drive, so that me-me-me mentality is then out on the roads. That is one of the reasons why we are the #1 city for Rudest Drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami