Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,480,263 times

Advertisements

Sci-fi thread,if the comments are serious,it can be interesting...

How do u predict Miami to be in 10 years..?
What would u like to happen to the city..?

Your desires,wishes,ideas for improvement...

Anything from ...the highest -rise to...wintersports Disneyland ,to streetcars , to...the tallest rollercoaster ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 08:35 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,299,691 times
I think the city will continue to get better. I want to see the bike path implementation on track with the plan and I was to see the Metrorail expanded greatly. I also would like to see a Metromover link extended over the bay to Miami Beach.

I think once Miami Central Station is complete that will spur growth of more mass transit which I'm in favor of.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:24 AM

How about an...extended use of helicopters..?

Ideal environment,good weather,no mountains...

Rooftop to heliports...

If FAA,AOPA & local authorities get together,they can make Mia the world capital of helis...

Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 AM

4,836 posts, read 11,976,639 times
I want to see more residents move into Downtown and more places open up there. Miami World Center type thing.
Metro Mover to Miami Beach would be great and a Metrorail expansion up Biscayne Blvd and west to Dolphin Stadium.

Also I would love to see Watson Island built up with something. A hotel, small fair, sea planes again, more helicopters. Just something.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,410,528 times
There is a developer that does have plans to do something with Watson Island, its really nice, with a beautiful marina for large boats. I think that more people will move into those condos downtown. I just wish they could do something with the businesses in downtown, get rid of the tacky electronic shops. Get some nice shops, restaurants, bars, etc downtown so that people want to go to downtown on the weekends, this however will take longer than 10 years. There is a website about the counties plans for downtown, does someone have that link? It will be nice if it gets done. I do wish that they would make a real park out of Biscayne Park instead of putting another building.

I wish in the next ten years they could connect the airport, Metrorail and Miami Beach, not with a bus with an actual train that you can catch at the terminals.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:07 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,476,694 times
the world will end in 2012...

Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM

208 posts, read 506,210 times
I hope wages and salaries can keep up with all the higher taxes coming within the next few years...

Old 03-01-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
the world will end in 2012...
Only the northern states...

Old 03-01-2010, 02:07 PM

736 posts, read 2,290,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
There is a developer that does have plans to do something with Watson Island, its really nice, with a beautiful marina for large boats. I think that more people will move into those condos downtown. I just wish they could do something with the businesses in downtown, get rid of the tacky electronic shops. Get some nice shops, restaurants, bars, etc downtown so that people want to go to downtown on the weekends, this however will take longer than 10 years. There is a website about the counties plans for downtown, does someone have that link? It will be nice if it gets done. I do wish that they would make a real park out of Biscayne Park instead of putting another building.

I wish in the next ten years they could connect the airport, Metrorail and Miami Beach, not with a bus with an actual train that you can catch at the terminals.
This link may give you some hope for dowtown retail.......

Downtown Miami Retail Stays Open Later | Urban City Architecture

Old 03-01-2010, 02:27 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,976,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post

Well Metrorail will be going right into the airport with a connectiong to the MIA MOVER and then there is the monorail inside American Airlines new North Terminal which will run down the terminal making connections easy and quick. 1-2 more years MIA will be a world class airport. Hopefully it will have a connection by train to Miami Beach one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami