Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 05:55 AM

16 posts, read 14,029 times

Advertisements

Dboy.... Bro.. Jersey Shore is not New England... New Jersey is not New England. What are you, some type of mamaluke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 01:46 PM

361 posts, read 1,087,691 times
New Jersey is not New England. No ones packin heat and actin hard up in Vermont and New Hampshire that's for sure. New Jersey/New York could not be any more at odds with New England if they tried.

But yeah this show was ok. I just watched it to laugh at what a buncha homos these guido's are. Anyone know if they're tryin out for a new cast or keepin the same ones from last season? I heard the season 1 cast demanded that they be brought back for season 2 and get paid double the money because "they are celebrities now." Give me a break. Once the show was over I forgot it even existed, till this thread popped up that is.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
Well, I think the same crew is comming back. BUT as we all know, MTV doesn't want anyone over 36 on the camera so their 15 minutes of fame will be up. Also, MTV is known for paying notoriously low salaries, so even if their 5K per episode is doubled, it is chump change considering the hundreds of millions the company makes off the program.

Don't worry, there will always be a new supply of beautiful "tools" looking for their 15 minutes of fame. I actually saw the "first" epidosde last night and I wanted to throw the TV out the window when "Snookie" was talking about how she is God's gift to mankind in her into. Barf!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
So are they here in Miami right now?

Old 04-01-2010, 09:32 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
So are they here in Miami right now?
Yes they are. I saw "the situation" in some local party. On TV of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
MTV is known for paying notoriously low salaries, so even if their 5K per episode is doubled, it is chump change considering the hundreds of millions the company makes off the program.

Don't worry, there will always be a new supply of beautiful "tools" looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
You are correct. They are known for paying the crappiest salaries, and many people work through interships where they don't get paid anything at all. They just get to put the experience on a resume. NICE. Oh and they lay off all the time IF they hire anybody.

I read somewhere that the Road Rules/Real World cast members only get paid like 1k or 1.5k per week. They will be replaced, that company is the cheapest thing out there.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer1000 View Post
Miami the most dangerous city???

Funny, it's not in this top 15 list:

Most Dangerous Cities 2009 - WalletPop

When you look at specific crimes such as assult, murder, rape, theft, robbery and buglary the combination of those things does not put it in the top 15.

How ever on this list it ranks 3:

In Pictures: America's Most Dangerous Cities - No. 3. Miami, Fla. - Forbes.com

This is mainly because its based on the FBI crime data and includes all violent crime and is impacted by the drug trafficking in Miami.

So basically if you choose not to be a drug trafficker and are only concerned with being assulted, raped, etc. as an innocent bystander then the danger drops out of the top 15. It also says the number of violent crimes per 100,000 people is 988. That's less than 1%.

Also when looking at specific neighborhood only one neighborhood ranked in the top 25:

25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods - WalletPop

The odds of being a victim in this neighborhood are 1 in 5 with 393 violent crimes per year. So stay out of that neighborhood and your chances are already even less the the average of less than 1%.
Really?!! Wow. I honestly never knew that. Me and the rest of my family have been under the impression for years that Miami is dangerous and a crime-infested city. None of us have ever lived there except for one who is at FIU. That's really interesting. I guess Hollywood really does exaggerate everything.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
I think this kind of publcity will continue to reinfoirce the party circuit and coolness factor among tweens (remember that MTVs demographics are under 21). Other than that, these kids get partied out and by 30 they look like hell and their 15 minutes of fame and stint in Miami is over. That is when you here these kidssay they are "over" Miami and move on the greener pastures.
This is truth...So true.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkir386 View Post
Being a SoFla native, I don't really care either way, but the show is about the Jersey Shore...why are they coming to FL??
Exactly. The #1 question everyone else is asking.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLee1 View Post
Umm no, I have to disagree. Miami (Miami Beach) being the chosen city does NOT mean that we are the epitome of that kind of mentality, or or anything having to do with that AT ALL. I don't know if you know this or have noticed it, but Miami is one of the most popular cities in the U.S, I wouldn't be surprised if the most popular! Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the most popular in the world. Everyone knows of Miami, everyone wants to visit, everyone wants to live here, everyone wants to have something to do with Miami. Just saying "I'm in Miami," sounds cool . Miami is always the main choice for everything, and every year, it's even more and more. Wether it's comedy movies, comedy shows, crime shows (CSI: Miami is the most watched show ever, FACT), crime movies, history shows, beach, clubs, beautiful people, diversity, action shows, action movies, reality shows, fashion, cars, everything and anything, Miami is always the main choice. EVERYTHING. It's not that we have that mentality, because we DON'T, it's that it's Miami. For example, if the Kardashian sisters had their show called just "Kourtney & Khloe," I doubt it would be as popular as it is. Just by having the name "Miami" in the title, draws more people and makes it more popular. It's Miami babyyy
Oh wow. Calm down calm down. Miami ain't THAT great. Lol

Anyway, I've lived in FL for the majority of my life and Miami is just a place I have enjoyed going to for the weekends. It's exciting and the scenery is beautiful, the cuban culture, the food, etc. But like I said, it's just an exciting place to be at on the weekends. To me at least. It's not like New York or LA.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:12 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
JohnLee you are right. You agreed with me lol but you wrote that you disagreed! All of America's tweens and wannabee reality stars want to live here. But the Jersey Shore crowd that wants their 15 minutes of fame is not the majority of the population thank God.

US corporations, families and professionals don't flock here, it's the party, jet set and tourist scene. Lots of film and TV crews...but the "cool" crowd likes Miami just like they are into Hollywood...and other trendy places...and they are all interested in basically a 10 square block area, not Miami itself. So you take it for what it is.

What is cool now won't always be. Coconut Grove was THE spot back in the day. The OMNI was cool at a time. Aventura Mall used to be a boring mall with bad stores in the beginning. Years ago, Lincoln Road was full of elderly peope as was most of Miami Beach. It's like a club, it's cool, then they reinvent themself, and sooner or later people get bored of the same old and move on to another place and discover a new area.

Miami Beach will always be a touristy spot, but there are so many other affordable tropical getaways like Cancun, the DR, Jamaica etc that Miami can't sit o nit's laurels and marvel at how cool it is because of an image that the media has created for it...because that all fades in time, it is cyclical.
Damn good post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami